It Will Be Happier (A City of Heavenly Fire Fan Fiction)

Hey everyone! Another COHF fan fiction? Why yes! Sorry for those following if you have yet to read COHF or any of Cassandra Clare's books (though you should probably get on that because they are kick-ass!). Anyway, hope you guys like this one, and once more, it kind of goes without saying, that if you have yet to read COHF or finish it, to stay away from this for a little while, seeing as it is spoilery. But for those that will read it, thanks! Comment...Vote...Favourite...Enjoy! -xx Ali (AliAngel21 or Thewickedinstruments - Tumblr)

                                           A City of Heavenly Fire Fan Fiction:

                                                      It Will Be Happier

“Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come, whispering ‘it will be happier’…” – Lord Alfred Tennyson

The days had been going by faster, and for an immortal that thought would be joyous, seeing as they had so many more days within their life than mortals did. But, for Magnus it was not joyous. He feared the moving of time, for each day that passed meant that he had one less day with Alec.

It had been a very busy past few months. After the Dark War, things had been chaotic. The Clave had been searching through the mundane world for candidates that might be good for Ascension, and the tension between the fey was very visible, especially in Downworld. The fey that served in restaurants were more hot tempered, easier to aggravate, and the like. In fact, just the other day Simon and Clary had come back from Taki’s, visiting Magnus and Alec at the apartment like everyone else, and had said that Kaelie had “accidently” spilled hot coffee on Simon.

Magnus was abruptly taken from his thoughts when a huge stack of plates dropped down on the table.

Everyone was setting up for the wedding…his wedding…and he had been sitting at one of the back tables, trying to think to himself, gather his thoughts a little bit. When he noticed the plates, he waved his hand and let his magic do the work for the Shadowhunter that had stepped into help them all. When he looked up, he realized that it was Alec.

“Magnus? What’s wrong?” Magnus’ fiancé sat beside him, his familiar worrisome expression adorned on his face. It was odd, even to think the word…fiancé. He had never thought he would be getting married. Magnus had always known there were plenty of relationships open for him, knew that he would always have one, though that seemed a bit too cocky. He sighed. Despite that though, he had never realized that he would have a relationship, and one so devastatingly bright and hopeful, with a Shadowhunter. Not only that, but it was surprising that the Clave had approved of the marriage, one between a Shadowhunter and warlock, but also one between, well two males. The Clave had very strict opinions.

“Nothing, Alexander.” Magnus replied immediately. Alec knew better than that though, and he scolded Magnus because of it.

“We promised not to hide things from one another.” And in a softer, less scolding voice, asked, “What’s wrong?” again, Magnus sighed.

He tried to think of the things that were wrong, really, was there anything wrong at all? He wasn’t sure. He knew that he was afraid, he could admit that, and he knew that he could not see the future of this outcome, when his father granted him so many other visions and dreams. He replied to Alec in a somber tone.

“The days…they pass by so quickly.” He turned to his fiancé and took his hands within his own, speaking affectionately, “I was only thinking of how long we have with one another. It is not very long at all.” Alec shook his head.

“We knew this. You knew this when you agreed to marry me.” And a smile came to Alec’s face when he thought back on it. Magus smiled as well, remembering the day that Alec had come home from a day killing demons, and he had knocked on their door, Magnus lying down, and had told him they were going to be married…that is, if he wanted to. Magnus remembered the look of confidence that Alec had walked in with, and then the uncertainty that had begun to display upon his face when Magnus had not said anything, when he was beginning to back step, unsure of himself.