0.2

where did we all go wrong?

"You're late."

Oh, how much I wanted to blame it on the boy who needed to be at his six p.m math class but forgot his water bottle at my apartment and made me go and get it.

"Sorry." I give my art teacher a forced smile, "It won't happen again."

Painting wasn't my strong suit but Jungkook said I needed something to distract myself. Apparently isolating myself for weeks on end and watching cheesy rom-coms whilst eating large amounts of takeout food 'wasn't healthy.'

As I take a seat and set my canvas bag down, I notice that my usual partner isn't here. Lee Gayeon, popular liberal arts major with a peculiar style and a massive ego. She's usually the one that helps me jump out from reality and into some sort of dream. All of her stories are pretty livid, so it helps.

I turn to the art student a few seats away from me and ask, "Where's Gayeon?"

The student shrugs and she starts sketching something on her canvas, "I don't know. Something about not having the best grades to graduate and become the second female to win the Fields Medal."

That definitely sounded like Gayeon so I decided to just shrug off her absence and get to sketching the fruit on the center. But I was only an apple in when I couldn't function anymore.

Kim Taehyung walked through the door with his hair messy and his body clothed in khaki pants and a grey t-shirt that was covered by a dark beige coat. He looked— oh whatever. You can probably imagine how he looked with his head held high and his shoulders broad, confidence completely transfixing everyone in the room.

"Hello? Who are you?" Madame Areum, also known as our art teacher, walks to the confident boy who wears a grin.

"Kim Taehyung," They shake hands, "This is my first class."

She turns to the empty seat beside me, and I can't stop my racing heartbeat, "You can sit there for the time being."

He trudged over to the empty seat and settled down once Madame Areum clapped for our attention. The boy set his bag down and his eyes fluttered over to the middle-aged woman in the center of the room.

I set my pencil down against my easel and the roaring of my heartbeat only got louder. Why is it that the universe wants to punish me like this? Is it because I accidentally deleted Jungkook's prerecorded episodes of Fight My Way? He did say I was going to regret it one day.

"Don't look so shocked, Soo. This is purely a coincidence." Taehyung's whisper fills my ear as I attempt to keep my eyes focused on Madame Areum, who is explaining something about pastels and smudges.

I turn to face him, cheeks heavy with heat, and hands sweaty from nerves.

"Shocked? Who said I was shocked?"

He turns to face me with a lopsided grin that I wanted to desperately wipe off his face. Screw feeling bad about Taehyung feeling like shit around me. I don't think it's even possible for him to feel anything other than a overflowing sense of confidence. He was too confident with his charms. Screw the bastard that looks like he came straight out of Jungkook's anime's.