Chapter 4 - The Green Dragon

Chapter 4 – The Green Dragon

"Stay with me..." I could hardly make out the words but I was sure that it was Jae-ha who was speaking. "Sorry, Avi, but I will do something that I would personally enjoy but not in this kind of situation,"

After he said that, I felt something wet and hot on my neck. I knew what he was doing and I was kind of grateful for it despite the awkward feeling. I could feel the blurriness of my eyes fading and I could now freely move my body weakly.

Jae-ha's lips left my neck and he spit out the poison on the ground. I did my best to sit up.

"T—Thank you," I looked down on the ground. I was embarrassed that he saw me in that powerless state.

"Are you okay?" he asked. I looked up to meet his eyes and saw the same worried expression that he had before.

"I'm fine," I smiled. "Thank you again,"

"I was worried that you might have gotten bullied again that's why I followed you," he explained even without me asking. "But I guess that I made a good decision, right?"

"Maybe you did," I nodded. "Nobody would have found me here and if by any chance a villager saw me, he or she would just leave me here to die,"

"Are you happy with the way things are?"

"I don't know," I smiled at the ground. "But I have no choice, right? I deserve this so I have no choice but to be contented,"

"Don't you want to be free from all this?" he used his hand to lift my chin up. I felt the heat rose up to my cheeks when he did that. My heart started to beat faster and I could feel something stirring inside my stomach.

I immediately backed away from his touch and he was surprised because of my reaction. I was not used to being touched like that...especially being touched by a guy. "U—Umm...I'm sorry. I'm not used to being touched,"

"I'm sorry too," he muttered. "I just want to help you, Avi,"

"Why?"

"Because I know how it feels like to be chained up," he answered. "Maybe we both experienced different things but for me, it's the same. I didn't have freedom before...and that's what you're feeling right now, right?"

"What happened to you?" my voice was hoarse. I didn't want to ask him what happened to him but my curiosity was huge. I wanted to know the answer. I wanted to know the reason why he was eager to help me and...I wanted to know why he was making a face that seemed like he was in pain.

"Do you know the story of the four dragons?" he asked me and I shook my head. "Once upon a time, King Hiryuu, the Red Dragon, descended to the Earth and became human. The humans that he loved betrayed him and the humans plotted to kill him one time but his brothers, the four dragons, came to his rescue,"

"Wow..." I said in awe. It was the first time that I heard of the story. "What did the four dragons do?"

"At first, they wanted to kill the humans for doing that to the Red Dragon," he continued the story. "But King Hiryuu said that he still loved the humans despite the things that they did to him. Since the four dragons wanted to protect their fellow brother, they gave each of their blood to four humans so these humans could have their powers and protect King Hiryuu,"

"What kind of powers do they have?"

"The White Dragon has an arm that is ten times stronger than a human arm. The Blue Dragon has the eyes that can see beyond anything. The Green Dragon has a leg than can make him jump high and the Yellow Dragon has the power of immortality that he can't die no matter what,"

"That's a great story, Jae-ha," I smiled at him.

"And that story is true," he added and I had my eyes widened.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm the Green Dragon, Avi," he stood up before I could say anything. After two seconds, he jumped so high that he looked like he was flying. "The people from my village...and my own family chained me up before," he said while he was in the air. As he landed gracefully, I couldn't help but be in awe because of his powers. I now knew why he made it as the Queen's bodyguard. "Kija is the White Dragon that's why one of his arms is all bandaged up and the Queen is also the reincarnation of King Hiryuu, the Red Dragon,"

I couldn't get my mind off of the thought when he told me that the people from his village and his own family chained him. "They stopped the Green Dragon from flying..." I whispered to myself. My heart broke as I imagined Jae-ha being chained down.

"Don't worry about me," he grinned. "I will say this again, Avi. I want you to come to the Kouka castle with us,"

"But I told you that I'll be a burden,"

"You're not," he disagreed. "You need to be free,"

"I don't deserve to be free," I counter-attacked.

"Nobody deserves to be chained down," he reasoned. "Please, come with us,"

I looked at him and saw that he was really pleading for me to go with them. What was there to lose if ever I went to the Kouka castle with them? I didn't have anything left here but did I deserve to be beside Jae-ha?

"Alright," I sighed. "I'll go with you."