"But you were scared - "

"Dani, my parents didn't even yell at me for it. They didn't even care that I killed someone." Luke cried, cutting me off and leaning forward, resting his forehead against my knees, like he couldn't even hold himself up anymore.

"It was an accident, Luke. It wasn't only your fault." I sighed.

"That's the thing, Ashton makes it seem like it wasn't my fault at all." Luke said, coughing once as he ran his hands over his face again. "He takes all the blame and I feel like shit for it, because it was my fault too."

"Why does he do that?" I asked, wondering why Ashton would want to be known as the boy who unintentionally killed his girlfriend when he didn't have to take all the blame for it.

"I don't know, I think he just doesn't want to bring too much attention to it. Everyone already hates him for it in the first place, and because of my parents and everything... He just doesn't want to make a huge deal."

"Well that's nice of him and all, but..." I trailed off, trying to put the right words together.

"He should tell someone that I was part of it too, I know." Luke sighed.

"So you've talked to Ashton about this?" I asked.

"Yeah, in court and everything. My dad paid for all of the repairs on Ashton's car, and the, uh, hospital bill. I went to Kenzie's funeral, too, but I didn't get a chance to talk to Ashton much. Him and Michael were fighting..." Luke drifted off, looking up at the ceiling.

"And he knows it was you, right? Michael too?" I questioned, just trying to clarify things for myself. God, I was so confused.

"Yeah. Shit, I feel awful." Luke groaned, his fingers raking themselves through his blonde hair.

"I don't understand why Ashton never said anything, or Michael." I said, not even caring that I had just admitted to speaking to Michael. Luke knew there was something between us anyway, there wasn't a point in hiding it now.

"I told you, Dani, they don't want to bring attention to this. They're both so torn up about the accident as it is, they don't need people constantly asking them questions about it. Especially with my parents and their businesses, you know? They're just being nice, they don't want so many people focusing on it. I think they'd rather try and forget." Luke elaborated, and I nodded.

"But I don't get it, why did Ashton change the whole story around?" I asked, still confused about it. I understood that Ashton didn't want to call Luke out on this for whatever reason, but he didn't need to completely change his story just because of that. I would have felt the exact same way if Ashton had just told me the truth in the first place.

"Maybe he just didn't want you to know. I'm sure he only did that so it wouldn't seem as bad, you know? His story was just a different version of the real thing." Luke said softly, putting a hand on my knee to comfort me.

"But he's my boyfriend, Luke, he's supposed to tell me the truth." I sighed, running my hands through my hair. I couldn't decide if I wanted to sit here and try to process all of this or march right over to Ashton's house and demand that he tells me the entire truth.

"I don't know what to tell you. I didn't tell my girlfriend about it, he probably just doesn't want to scare you." Luke shrugged.

"But I wouldn't have been scared." I said softly. I was more upset now about the fact that Ashton hadn't told me the truth. I wasn't mad at Luke, because there wasn't a reason to be. He should be mad at me for blowing him off the past few weeks when he wanted to tell me this. I wish I would have just listened.

"I don't really know why he wouldn't tell you, Dani. I'm sorry." Luke sighed. "You believe me, right?"

"Of course I do." I nodded. I just needed to talk to Ashton and sort things out. I had to confront him about lying to me and then ask him to explain the true story, and hope that it matched up with Luke's. I really didn't want to cause any drama between them, but I didn't know why else to do.

"I'm so sorry, please don't hate me." Luke pleaded with me.

"Luke, I said already, I don't hate you." I said, almost letting out a laugh. I felt so bad for Luke, he had been through a lot and wasn't able to tell anyone about it.

"Thank you. I'm so sorry." Luke said quietly. He stood up straight, wiping his eyes one last time, then brushed himself off.

"I know, and it's okay. I just don't think I'm the one you really need to be apologizing too." I said, standing up myself. I was acting surprisingly calm for a situation like this, if this was a few months ago I probably would have thrown a huge fit.

"I've told Ashton that I'm sorry so many times, I don't think he believes me." Luke groaned.

"What about Michael?" I asked.

"I can't even look at Michael without feeling upset, I don't know how I would be able to talk to him." Luke explained. "I feel so bad, about everything."

"Luke, I'm sorry. But it's okay, everything will turn out alright in the end." I said, and Luke finally gave me a small smile.

Luke sat there and smiled to himself or a long time after that, will I stayed still and wondered if I was making the right choice by believing him over my boyfriend.

-

SORRY THIS LITERALLY SUCKED AND MADE NO SENSE BUT HOPEFULLY I CAN GET BACK INTO UPDATING THIS STORY AND ITLL GET BETTER

IM SORRY

GOODBYE

btw Ashton was like "oh it wasn't that bad Kenzie missed her period and was planning to get an abortion, we were both drunk and I served into another car" when Luke's story was different okay? okay