1.4

"I think I'm in love." Ashton moaned, closing his eyes.

"Seriously?" I laughed, leaning back in my chair. I had finished my food a few minutes ago, but Ashton was too busy talking my ear off to get started on his until just a few minutes ago.

"This is amazing." He said, his mouth full.

"It's a burrito." I sighed, handing Ashton a napkin for the sauce dripping down his chin.

"It's amazing!" Ashton snapped, finishing off the last of his burrito and wiping off his face.

"So you're in love with a burrito." I said blankly, staring straight ahead at Ashton. He looked up at me and rolled his eyes, as if me thinking that it was strange that he was in love with a burrito was what was wrong with this whole situation.

"Yes." Ashton nodded. "Don't judge me, Murphy."

"I'm not judging." I held my hands up in surrender, making Ashton laugh.

"You better not." Ashton said, leaning back in his chair as well. His feet played with mine while we sat there staring at each other, a small smile upon his own face.

"I have a question." I said suddenly, which caused Ashton to stop moving his feet.

"Is it hypothetical?" Ashton smirked.

"You really need to stop with that." I groaned, this time it was me who rolled my eyes. Ashton chuckled and ran his fingers through his hair, messing it up even more than it was before.

"What's your question, Murphy?" Ashton questioned, sitting up straighter in his chair and removing his feet from mine.

"Why were you so scared to call last time a date?" I asked quietly. I had been wondering what suddenly made Ashton change his mind this whole time, since he had been so stubborn about it not being a real date before.

"I was scared." He shrugged, leaving it at that.

"Yss, i know. But of what?"

"I didn't think you liked me back." Ashton bit his lip, staring down at the table.

"Really? I thought I was making it pretty obvious." I said, holding back a laugh.

"I couldn't tell if you liked me or if you were just naturally annoying." Ashton's looked up, his lips curling up at the sides into a big smile.

"I'm not annoying!" I whined.

"Of course you aren't." Ashton shook his head, his eyes growing wide.

"How did you figure out that I liked you?" I asked, hoping that Ashton's answer wouldn't be that he found out through Calum. I was seriously going to murder that boy if he opened his mouth one more time.

"Oh my gosh, Murphy." Ashton laughed loudly.

"What? What was it?" I slammed my hands down on the table, now growing impatient.

"The look on your face after I kissed you the first time, it said it all." He smiled and I immediately felt embarrased, of course I had to pull a dumb face the second after Ashton kissed me, I couldn't just smile and laugh about it like a normal girl would.

"How did I look?" I asked, and Ashton tried to imitate my face. It looked like a mixture of horror and confusion, which I guess explained my feelings at the time pretty well.

"You better not look that pained the next time I kiss you." Ashton chuckled.

"So there's going to be a next time?" I laughed, biting down softly on my lip.