~Why Can We~

Why can eyes see or mouths breath, why can limbs sway or tongues speak, why are roses red and violets blue, why do trees grow and roots not show, why are we shown the road when the next doesn't know, why do we pass treatment when we're dying too, why do people believe the internet lie and not the wise, why do we abandon the old and suffocate the young, why do we see grades as intelligent and popularity as happiness, why do we destroy when attempting to dispose, why do zebras have stripes when horses are dull, why are we harmless unless it's our own skin, why do we think while our brains are absent and feel while our hearts are sinking, why do we act deaf when complimented and blind when right, why do we implant ideas that we're nasty parasites, why do we isolate our hearts in fear of others love, why are thorns sharp but easily broken, why are mammals warm blooded while reptiles cold, why do pasts loom below and futures above while the present is in front, why does sadness and pain have to look entitled, why do we have to whisper gossip or cause drama to interest, why do we have to lurk while others play and stress while others kill, why does reality flicker when unclear and a clear reality seem unfair, why do we question the unknown and freak when unanswered...Why do all these things have us confused and drained, well what else are we suppose to do, when there's no off button on our brains.

•-•

Here's another little thing I wrote, the song is just what I listened to while writing this. Hope you dorky kittens have an amazing day/night <3

~They told me to swim, they gave me the essentials to swim, they taught me how to swim, they raised me to swim...so why am I drowning?~ II