Chapter Forty-Seven

Haleigh's POV ( 6 Months later):

I get up and get dressed for my first day of college. Now that Amanda drinks formula I don't have to stay with her, even though I'd prefer to be with her. Luke started going to college about four months ago and has come home everyday like he normally has. He was driving me to school today and Victoria and Jaxson were going to baby sit.

Speaking of which, those two have been dating since about a week after the baby shower. Victoria moved back here and obviously ditched Jake and college, but I was happy for her. She deserved someone like Jaxson who wasn't going to be a jerk and player like Matt and Jake were.

I sigh as I look at myself in the mirror. I had managed to lose almost all my baby fat and started eating a bit healthier to keep it off. Other than that, everything has been normal. My mom and grandparents still visit to see Amanda and me, and Luke's parents try to visit even though they're having a bit of a financial struggle, as rumor has it.

Hannah and Kyle are basically in the stage Luke and I are in, which is the stuck together stage, where there are a few fights, but other than that, the couple is inseparable.

Alex and Tyler are as happy as ever. They're like a couple out of a cliche romance movie, which is fine, but it almost frustrates me how lucky she got. Although, I am pretty happy with the man I have.

Emma and Aiden had finally made up after the baby shower and have been dating since then. He's been asking me stuff about her like what's her favorite store so he can take her and things along those lines. Sometimes it's freaking annoying, but most of the time I find it adorable.

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

I run to the door and open it to find Victoria and Jaxson holding hands. They smile at me before walking in and hugging me.

"Where's little Amanda?" Jaxson asks.

"She's upstairs sleeping. Thank you so much for doing this. It means a lot." I smile.

"No problem! Victoria will probably spoil her though." Jaxson chuckles.

"Ahem! I'm right here! Plus, that's Alex, not me." She laughs. We all join in and agree that Alex would probably spoil Amanda. She'll be the fun Aunt.

I thank them again before meeting Luke outside as he pulls up, since he left to get breakfast. I get in the passenger side of the car.

"Hey babe, I got you Starbucks." He kisses my cheek and hands me a bag of pumpkin bread and a Very Berry Hibiscus refresher. I smile and peck his lips.

"Thank you and good morning." I smile.

"Good morning." He smiles his charming smile back.

We drive to campus holding hands in the middle of the consul, and there's a comfortable silence.

When we pull up to the college Luke parks in a spot close to the front. "Just an FYI, don't hang around the guys here. I know some of them and they're single and sex crazy." He sighs.

"Alright babe. I'll see you second class." I smile, kissing him on the lips. He kisses me back, stroking my cheek before pulling away.

"I love you." He rests his forehead on mine.

"I love you." I peck his lips and get out of the car, walking to the front building to get my books. The lady gives me my books and a map, as well as a schedule, though I printed that out already. I thank her and head to my first class, sitting towards the middle of the big group of seats. Students start pouring in and strawberry blonde girl with too much makeup sits next to me. I recognize her immediately. Erika Thomson, aka arch nemesis and biggest bitch you'll ever see. Ever since preschool, this bimbo has been bullying me. Luckily she left freshmen year and transferred to another school. I thought I would never see her painted on face ever again. She was one of those girls that tore people down to make herself feel better, and she targeted me most of the time.

I try to shift away from her in my seat since she hasn't noticed me yet, but her head snaps up from her backpack to me. She glares at me, and I swear I would be far past dead if looks could kill. What was she pissed at me for?

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Haleigh Williams."

I sit silent and scowl towards the front of the room, just as the teacher walks in.

"Alright class, today-" I listen to the long dreary words of the teacher and take notes, dreading the hour.

After it's finally up, I pack my bag and walk out the door, only to be met by Erika.

"So, Haleigh, did you enjoy putting my boyfriend in jail?" She asks with a voice dripping with venom.

I look at her confused, then bewildered. "Josh is your boyfriend?" I think about how perfect they would be together- cocky and slutty. "Perfect soul mates." I mutter under my breath.

"Yes, and you put him in jail for no reason!" She screeches.

"Is that what he told you?" I ask, infuriated. "He didn't tell you he came to my house, asked for me to get with him again, but punched me in the stomach when I refused? That son of a bitch killed a fetus, you bitch, so don't you dare go pointing fingers, because your so called 'boyfriend' should be in prison for the rest of his life after taking someone else's," I growl at her. Her eyes widen once the words sink in, but they soon go back to her signature glare.

"Whatever," she snarls. "You put him in jail."

Erika storms out of the classroom. I roll my eyes, not wanting to waste my energy thinking about the bitch. I just make my way to my next class.

-------------------------------

Jaxson's POV:

I look out the window as Haleigh gets into the car and Luke pulls off. I then turn to Victoria who is sitting on the couch, her beautiful blue eyes staring off into space.

Now that I think about it, I'm glad I became friends with Haleigh, because if I didn't, I probably wouldn't have the beautiful girlfriend I have now, or friends that actually care about me.

Victoria and I have been dating since around Haleigh's baby shower. I've never been attracted to someone like I am to V and I don't think I ever will be to anyone else. Haleigh has told me about her other boyfriends who were awful to her and didn't treat her with any respect, and when hearing that I've tried that much harder to treat her like a princess and love her with every ounce of love there was to give. And I could tell when we first met that there was a spark, but she just wouldn't admit it to herself because she was afraid of getting hurt, and I would never do that to her.

I walk over to her and sit next to her on the couch. Her dazed eyes snap to me and she smiles.

"Get to spend the day watching a baby who is sleeping half the time, and we have the house to ourselves." She bites her lip, making my lust level skyrocket.

"Mm. So what do you think we should do?" I ask, leaning in to kiss her beautiful, plump lips. She answers by pulling the collar of my shirt and crashing her sweet tasting lips to mine. My hand holds her cheek which she leans into as I continue to kiss her. She tries to take charge and deepen the kiss by biting my bottom lip, causing me to groan in pleasure. I open my mouth and our tongues collide and massage each other's. Her hand is around my neck as she runs her fingers through my hair.

She pulls away for air, but I keep kissing her from her jaw to behind her ear and down her neck. I trail little love bites, more than likely to leave a few small bruises on her skin, making her whimper as she pulls my head towards her neck. My hand trails up from her knee to her thigh where it stays when I kiss her lips again. While we continue to kiss she gets on top of me and straddles my waste, grinding herself into me. I hold her perfect hips to stop her, because, even though I know she's done this before, I didn't want our first time to be on our best friends' couch. While we're babysitting their baby.

The baby started to cry. I pull away, making her pout. "Come on, V. We aren't doing this here." I groan, trying to restrain myself.

"Fine. I'm going to take care of Amanda." She sighs, getting off my lap.

"I'll be here." I say making a short laugh come from her as she walks upstairs.