The Root Of All Evil

DISCLAIMER:

1.I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE TWILIGHT CHARACTERS.

2. I DO NOT INTEND TO MAKE MONEY WITH THIS STORY. THIS STORY IS A WORK OF PURE FICTION - MORE SPECIFIC FANFICTION - AND IS MADE PURELY FOR AMUSEMENT. 

3.ENGLISH IS NOT MY FIRST LANGUAGE- SO PLEASE EXCUSE ALL THE GRAMMAR AND SPELLING ERRORS YOU FIND

4. I DO PLAN ON FINISHING MY WORK - BUT I DO HAVE A LIFE OUTSIDE FANFICTION , SO THE UPDATE WILL BE SLOW- ONCE BIWEEKLY

5. ENJOY

Tips to improve my writing style is welcome

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Note: Slow developing prelude

Warnings: past mentions of rape,  asexual nothing too indepth

August 1985

Renée Higginbotham   sat stunned in the filthy public bathroom. This was not suppose to happen, no sir not at all.  In her hand was a pregnancy kit - The result: POSITIVE. Getting pregnant was not on her bucket list. Slowly she became excited. Oh, this is just like the books she always read.

She was on a month long camping trip  traveling the pacific coast with her  two best friend Janet and Cheyenne.   Renée had  a very fun-loving, creative and artistic, but flighty and inconsistent personality. This trip was exactly the kind of adventure that she loved. She went on the trip, having no idea where she would live when she got back,she was fresh out of high school and finally away from her strict and bitter mother.

All this started when Cheyenne informed her friends about Sarah- Cheyenne's cousin- wedding. The three friends decided to attend the wedding during the trip.

On First Beach at the wedding of Cheyenne cousin Sarah, Renée met Charlie- best man and friend of Sarah's husband- to- be Billy Black . She was instantly attracted to Charlie because of his difference from her ex-boyfriends: serious and responsible, yet funny and kind. They spent a few days together before she departed, but not before promising Charlie that she would visit on her way back. She missed Charlie for the rest of the trip, especially the time they spent in each other's arm under the stars. This baby was the result of those passionate moment. 

She decided to cut her trip short and visit Charlie earlier than planned to tell him about the baby. She was so happy, fantasying about the next great adventure she's going to have so like the fairy tale stories -  away from her mother secretly pregnant with a love baby fathered by a handsome and kind cop whose smitten with her. Oh yes, she saw the looks Charlie gave her. None of her ex-boyfriends gave her that kind of attention.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

2 weeks later...

Charlie was excited to see Renée again. 

Charlie was born and raised in Forks  by his parents, Geoffrey and Helen. They were both in their mid-forties when Charlie was born; they had thought they were unable to have children, so Charlie was a huge, but very welcome, surprise . As an adult, Charlie joined the Forks Police Department. He wanted to go to college, but his parents' health began deteriorating at the time and he felt that he needed to stay close to home.  He met Renee at Billy's wedding and was smitten the moment he lay eyes on her. Luckily for him, this instant attraction was on both sides.

What was more shocking, was the news  Renée  brought. Oh yeah, he can remember the drunken passion filled night spent under the stars. His parents raised him better than this, he was a honorable man and he will do the right thing. Don't get him wrong, he is in love with Renee and a baby was wonderful. He has decent job and will be able to provide for his family - his family, he liked the sound of that. He shifted to kneeling position from his place on the beach and said:

" I know this may seem abrupt, but the first time i saw you; it seemed like the that everything stop mattering... you became the center of my world. The few days we spent together were the most happiest of my life.. After you left, you were the only thing on my mind - i did not plan this - i don't even have ring on me. But will you do me the honor of marrying me?"

"Yes, oh yes yes Charlie, I love you too!" Renee was super happy

"Yes, oh yes yes Charlie, I love you too!" Renee was super happy. She got the proposal like they always did in movies... OK so there was no ring, no diner or candles but she can deal with that. She was going to have a love baby. She's planned the whole thing already, a small beach ceremony a week after her delivery...  no big wedding for her while she still resembles a whale. having a baby with her, getting the attention of all the family and friends -- oh I hope its a boy, a love boy

"...date"

 "huh" she was shaken from her thoughts by Charlie.

"I said, we should set a date, you know for the wedding" repeated Charlie awkwardly.

"NO, not yet - I mean, I want him to be a love baby- we could get engaged and get married after the delivery.  Please Charlie I want experience the first moment, give him my name. He could be there at our wedding. You didn't have a ring - give me this instead. I really want this, think of it as an adventure, something unique"

" I don't know Ren. this is a lot; are you sure? These things are not normal here in Forks. What about your parents?"

"Yes i'm sure, i thought about this the moment I knew I am pregnant. I'll write a letter to my parents. Who cares about normal- we need something exciting, think of us like high school lovebirds"

" If you're sure Ren" Charlie seemed uneasy about this decision but still accepted this. 

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

The intro will consist of three chapters, it'll be slow developing. The actual story will start around ch. 4 or 5. i believe that this will give much needed info to understand the story, the characters and their background.

Review and let me know what you think. kuddos