Chapter 2

I

I look around into the blackness, and a coldness enters my heart.

Where the he'll am I?

And as soon as I finish that thought, my father comes into view. I take a double look at him, before turning around to run, but as soon as I turn my back, his face meets mine.

"You thought you could run from me, faggot?" He grabs me and starts laughing hysterically. "Well, I found you"

"No!" I scream as he raises his hand to slap me.

II

As his slap connects with my face, I jump awake from the dream. I catch my breath and look around the room desperately, making sure that it was just a dream.

I look beside me and I don't see Adrian there, which sends me into another panic.

"A-adrian!" I stutter as I try to get up from the bed, but a bolt of pain in my abdomen stops me in my tracks.

"Yes, lo--" He stops as he looks into the room. He quickly runs towards me and bends down to touch my forehead. "Oh my God, are you okay? Are you sick? You're sweating like you came out of the gym."

Adrian quickly starts touching me everywhere, trying to see if he could find the problem of this. But before he could search more than he did, I grab his hands and force them to wrap around me.

"I'm okay, I'm not sick." I murmur into his ears. He starts hugging me tighter after my reassurance, which starts to hurt a bit.

"What happened?" He asks back, his face still nuzzled with mine. I think about telling him, knowing that if I do I'm going to look like I'm foolish for still having these nightmares.

"It was a nightmare, that's all." I finally burst out, letting the humiliation just slide off me. I didn't need to be afraid to tell him.

"Of what?" He asks.

"Dad." I croak. My throat dries up as I say that word, the images of my nightmare coming back. I naturally hug Adrian tighter hoping that he doesn't leave me.

We stay silent for awhile, still hugging each other until my pain starts to reammerge.

"I think I'm okay now." I loosen up my grasp on him.

"You sure?" He looks at my face to see if I was potentionally lying.

"Yeah." I giggle a bit. "Anyways, my body was starting to hurt from all your love." I joke to lighten the mood. He laughs.

"Okay, I believe you. But if you want to take your time to get out of bed, take all the time you need."

I kiss him and thank him. He looks at me for a moment before getting up.

"I'll be unpacking outside, so whenever you are ready..." He hovers at the door.

"Okay, I'll be there to help you in a bit."

He stays there for a moment, and then gives me a funny smile before going back to the living room to do what he was doing.

III

"It was only a dream." I say to myself as I wash my body. I came to take a shower after what happened to lighten up my mood. "It was only a really, really bad dream." I tell myself.

I rinse my body and get out of the shower. I wipe down the steam from the mirror and look at myself. But as I look at myself, my eyes wonder to my body.

The bluish bruises from where my dad hit me are still visible. I look at how they paint my body like spots on a cow. I run my hand over one, the pain and heat coming as my hand passes over it. I look at my face again and feel the tears swell up in my eyes.