We were both panting heavily, possibly from the rush of adrenaline. My heart heated wildly, I realized that I haven't done any paid assassination the entire year. Maybe that's why I'm so excited to do this.

"Aika..." He straightened up. "Nice job."

I, too, fixed my posture. "I would say the same thing to you."

"Hey! He's still moving!" Kayano cried out, pointing at Mini-Boss.

...Oh.

"You damn brats! AHHH!" He yelled, getting zapped by Terasaka.

"Finish him off right, dumbasses!" He barked at us. "You can keep your weird sort of flirting later!"

"Ehe... whoops (-∧-;)" I sweatdropped- "Wait, we weren't flirting, you lonely swine!" I yelled back.

"Nandatto-?!"

"Oh- hold that thought." I placed an index finger in front of me, signaling him to shut up. I could hear the people in the government talking. They're pretty silly, not checking that there are any sort of bugs on Karasuma-sensei's suit.

"There's no response from any of our troops!"

"What?!"

Pfft- surprise madafakas ೕ(•̀ᴗ•́)

Soon enough, we have finally reached the Shield of Earth. A glowing, yellow, dome that's pretty much made of anti-octopus light. I was first worried if Kayano could pass, but since she was perfectly fine, I breathed a sigh of relief. I thought I had to be careful too, y'know?

And right before our very eyes (after pushing away some shrubs away), was our infamous teacher. "I could tell by the sound." He said. "You've come so far, class."

It was silent for a moment. It took them a moment to sink the words in, but when it did, they came rushing to him. "Korosensei!" They called with glee. I would've done it, too, but I was more concerned of something else. The bright, red, light that's above us all.

"That's the light from the laser... isn't it?" I asked.

"I see. So they'll be firing the killing laser just before midnight. That much power would even shut down my Absolute Defense Form." He said the words himself, but why doesn't he sound so sad? Was he prepared? Did he see this coming?

"No..." Kataoka cried.

"Korosensei, let's find a way out of here! We'll be your hostages-- or whatever it takes!" Kurahashi exclaimed.

"There's no stopping that laser now, not when people know I'm out there."

"...Did you know all along that it would come to this?" I asked, a hint of sadness in my tone.

"Even if I don't explode, you can't expect all these nations not to be afraid of a creature like me. Sooner or later, they'll want to snuff me out. It's only reasonable."

Logically, that'd make sense. But still, we were quite upset about it. Why wouldn't we? He never did anything dangerous, it's as if the entire world wants to take down a docile creature.

"There might have been a way if only we'd acted sooner..." Fuwa mumbled, her fists clenched in frustration. "Like breaking the barrier projectors, or making the rounds online and on TV to plead our case!"

"That would have gotten you labeled even more dangerous, and you might have been placed under stricter surveillance. Besides, the projectors have impregnable defenses. There are anti-aircraft weapons in place if I so much as much a rock at them. With your current capabilities and equipment, you'd likely get caught along the way. That is how perfect this plan was. They spared nothing, pouring in tech and time and people. This assassination, this crystallization of the word's wisdom and efforts, surpasses my own abilities, for which I offer my respect and am honored to have been their target."