Training for the games

The next day, I woke up to find Mina missing, with a note on the nightstand. It read:

"(Y/N), sorry I left early, but on Wednesday, the school is having a tournament to showcase our abilities and I have to train. I'm at the junkyard. Feel free to join me when you wake up.

Your Alien Queen
Mina"

The "Alien Queen" bit made me think of the Xenomorph Queen with Mina's face...yeah, terrifying thoughts aside, I put on some old clothes, some spare boots, and drove to the junkyard.

(2 hours later)

I arrived at the junkyard to see the melted debris and twisted metal in Mina's wake. I just followed the carnage to find my beautiful girlfriend: panting like a dog and sweating all over. Luckily, I brought extra towels. She turned and saw me coming, running ro hug me.

"Hey honey!" She said, "Nice to see you finally woke up!"

I blushed, embarrased.
"Sorry. I skipped breakfast to get here. So what is your training besides the acid flinging?" I asked. She explained that she tried punches and kicks, specifically uppercuts. She asked me to help train with her, and being the combat junkie I was, I obliged.

"But first, I need to go Yellow." I said. She tilted her head confused.

"Yellow? What's Yellow?" She asked. I explained that it was another transformation. Red boosted physical strength, Blue increased intelligence and allowed for flight and energy beams, and Yellow boosted speed, dexterity, and defensive capabilities. I told her to hold my hands and she did, channeling a portion of her energy into me. I calmed my mind, relaxed, and thought of tranforming. I started to glow yellow, and soon enough, my hair stood on end, more so than Blue and my eyebrows and eyes turned yellow as well.

"Now, where do we begin?" I asked.

"Let's start with physical attacks." she said before she rushed towards me on a streak of acid. She swung a left hook at my face, dodgeing the attacks, after a few punches, she mixed up her attacks with punches and kicks, once again, I dodged the attacks.

"Very good, Mina! I was having a hard time keeping up with you there at the end." I yelled with joy. I then noticed her shoes were melted by the acid from her feet. I walked over to her and told her. She explained that she never uses her acid through her feet because of this. Then I had an idea. I ran to the car and grabbed the extra boots. I brought them to her and asked which ones she liked the best. After 5 minutes of deciding, she picked out a pair of maroon winter fur boots. I cut off the bottom and replaced it with a metal resistant to acid.

I then cut small holes in the bottom so acid could escape from her boots

I then cut small holes in the bottom so acid could escape from her boots. I finished up in about an hour, and when I brought them out, she couldn't wait, so much so she grabbed them out of my hands, causing me to fall flat on my face. She tried them on: perfect fit! She tried acid skating with them, and they passed with flying colors. She ran to me (while I was still getting up off the ground) and hugged me in the tightest she had yet.

"Oh (Y/N) thank you so much! This will make this competition so much more fun!" She squealed, hugging tighter.

"I'm glad you like them, now let's chain acid attacks with melee strikes."
I said. After that, I spent the rest of the week training for the tournament. During the week, Mina told me that the seats in the stadium were only for family and other students. That's when I suggested that I use Blue to fly to the stadium roof and watch from there. She said that would work. We both curled up into the bed next to each other, Mina in her pink nightgown and me in my blue pj pants as we both dozed off to sleep.