six

mark stepped out of his room only hours later when he heard jackson calling everyone to the dining table for dinner. he was aware of his messy hair from having his fingers run through them too many times, his dishevelled clothes, aware of how much of a mess he looked.

but he didn't care. he had to confirm his feelings for jinyoung and sort the whole issue out before everyone got hurt. jinyoung would be heartbroken and confused and the rest of the members would get affected by the gloomy aura emitted by both of them.

"mark hyung, are you okay?"

"what? oh yeah, i'm fine, just tired."

he lied to youngjae, hoping he'd believe the lie, but a look of disbelief flashed in youngjae's eyes and mark knew youngjae was telling him that he could and had to confide in him later on.

"mark hyung, we need to bring coco for a walk later."

youngjae's tone left mark with no choice but to say yes.

"okay, we'll go after dinner. just you and i."

"okay! now let's have dinner."

mark took a seat next youngjae and jackson sat on the other side of mark. jaebum and yugyeom appeared and they took a seat opposite jackson and youngjae, leaving a seat opposite mark and at the head of the table. bambam came in next, dragging an exhausted-looking jinyoung in and placing him in the seat opposite mark.

jackson turned towards mark, asking him in chinese, "他怎么啦?"

mark merely shrugged and closed his eyes, putting his hands together for a quick prayer before he dug into his food, cutting off all conversation between him and the other members.

mark never thought much about anything when he was eating, but this time, his thoughts flooded his mind as he ate.

thinking about all the different ways he felt whenever he talked to jinyoung, laughed with jinyoung, hugged jinyoung, held hands with jinyoung and all the other interactions he had with him.

recalling all the times his heartbeat raced, his cheeks flushed and the happiness blooming in his heart, lighting up his whole body and the pain he felt whenever he missed jinyoung too much or when he saw jinyoung go off with other members instead of him. like that one episode of hard carry when jinyoung went out with jackson and jackson started 'wang-gae, park-gae' —it finally hit him.

he had fallen in love with jinyoung years before and had only realised it now.

___________

aye look who updated :)

i hope you enjoyed this and don't be a silent reader yeah?

happy reading!