Close encounter

Later that day, I called Mina and arranged a meeting on top of my apartment buildng. I thought she wouldn't show up.

"Why would a girl as cute as her show up to meet a guy like m-"

That's when a pink hand reached up over the ledge with a grey fluid coming from it. I screamed at the top of my lungs, only for Mina to poke her head up from the edge.

"It's okay! It's okay! It's me!" She yelled as I calmed down.

"You scared the everloving crap outta me! How did you climb the wall like that?!" I said, breathless from the sudden jump. She showed me her hand, secreting the ooze from before.

"That's my quirk," she explained. "I can create acid! I can even control how thick and viscus it is, so I can climb walls!" I stared at her, dumbfounded. She creates acid? Sounds dangerous.

"Really? That's cool!" I said as she smiled from ear to ear.

"So what's your quirk? You said you got rejected from U.A. You have to have a quirk to get in there, so what's yours?' She asked, perplexed. I nodded and agreed to show her. Pulling a gold headband out of my pocket, I put it on.

"I'm gonna need you to do something though. I need you to pour some acid on my arm." I said, looking her dead in the eyes. She had a worried look on her face.

"Are you sure? It's really gonna hurt." She said, concerned. I smiled confidently.

"That's exactly what I want. You see,my quirk activates with extreme amounts of pain. It's kinda weird that way." I explained. After I explained this, she very reluctantly poured acid on my arm. It burned like the firey pits of Tarturus, nearly burning my skin off my arm. Suddenly, I felt the anger boiling inside me, the pain turning to rage and anger. I let out a blood curdling scream as my hair and eyes turned red. The blue gem in the headband started to glow as the pain died down enough to concentrate. She stared in awe at my newfound form. I sat down on the ledge and motioned for her to join me. She sat down and I told her about this transformation.

"This is my quirk. Whenever I feel immense amounts of physical or emotional pain, the rage is released and I transform. I created this headband to help control this form. This power...it's a burden sometimes," I said as the red slowly faded away. I expected her to consider me a freak and not talk to me anymore, but when I saw her, she was smiling.

"That. Is. So. COOL! Why did they reject you? That power is so AWESOME!" I blushed at her saying this.

"You...don't think I'm a freak?" I asked the beautiful alien.

"No! You need to stop doubting yourself!" She squealed, hugging me.

"T-thanks, Mina." I said, happily.

I then blacked out from the pain and loss of energy.

(Timeskip, brought to you by Mina being cute X) )

It had been a month since I met Mina. Since then, the two of us have grown closer as friends, one might even say "best friends". She told me of her friends at U.A. and I told her things about my day, even if they weren't as interesting. But I still wanted to go out with her. And then, the day arrived.