2/4

THIS BOOK HAS REACHED 30K+ READS WTF OMG THANK YOU ALL SM I LOVE YOU GUYS💜

TODAY WAS A SPECIAL DAY for Dustin, so he promised himself he would try to be in a more upbeat mood. So far, things seemed to be going well as he mouthed the theme song of "Ghostbusters" with his friends. He even managed a small smile for his mom that morning while she cheerily snapped pictures of him in his costume.

Halloween was always a very special day for Dustin Henderson.

"Who you gonna call?" All three boys sang in unison, sharing the same thrilled look on their happy faces.

"Ghostbusters!" An enthusiastic Will Byers appeared behind his friends, the grin on his face reaching his light brown eyes.

The boys all clamber off their bikes in excitement, greeting the Byers boy with a series of cheers and hugs. "Hey, Spengler!" Mike gave Will a mad grin.

"Egon!" Lucas exclaimed, throwing a pair of flailing arms around the smaller boy. "Yeah!"

"Venkman," Will said back to the Sinclair boy, sharing possibly the widest smile on his face in months with the group of boys.

"Wait," Mike's smile dropped as he placed a single hand on Lucas's shoulder, turning him away from the others to face the raven-headed boy.

"What?" Lucas demanded, a tinge of annoyance already forming in his tone.

"Why are you Venkman?" The Wheeler challenged incredulously.

"'Cause I'm Venkman," Lucas declared obviously, his dark eyes narrowing into two tiny slits.

"No, I'm Venkman," Mike argued defensively, gesturing to his name tag with his hand.

"Why can't there just be two Venkmans?" Will asked hurriedly, attempting to save the two boys from another one of their typical arguments.

"Because there's only one Venkman in real life," Mike answered almost immediately. He began chattering in words that were strung together, speaking all on one breath. "We planned this months ago. I'm Venkman, Dustin's Stantz, you're Egon, and you're Winston!" He pointed at Lucas.

Lucas gave the raven-haired boy a furious shake of his head, baffled by the statement. "I specifically didn't agree to Winston," he pointed out.

"Yes, you did!" Mike nearly shouted, growing more frustrated with himself and the others.

"I don't think he did," Will reminded Mike in a timid voice, still desperately trying to stop the fight before it could grow more intense.

Dustin crossed his arms over his chest, sighing through his nose. It was Halloween, the most important holiday to him, and he was being forced to listen to more bickering from Mike and Lucas. Perhaps a holiday, even one as special as Halloween, wouldn't ensure he'd get a day off from these two and their nonsense.

"No one wants to be Winston, man," Lucas snapped, holding his arms out by his side. Dustin's blue eyes peered at Mike, shaking his head in agreement with Lucas's words; he couldn't deny that there was truth behind them.

"What's wrong with Winston?" Mike inquired aggressively, determined to win the pointless argument.

"What's wrong with Winston?" Lucas repeated, shooting his friend another aghast expression. "He joined the team super late, he's not funny, and he's not even a scientist!"