Chapter 1

Sam-

"Please!" Rydel begged, grabbing my shoulders and shaking me.

Rydel is my best friend in the entire whole universe. She's 20 and I'm 18. She's basically 2 years older than me but we get along so easy. We understand what one another are trying to say.

I rolled my eyes, "Fine. I'll ask my mom and brother."

Rydel laughed, "Why do you always have to ask your brother?"

I have a twin brother. His name is Brandon and he's so overprotective. He asks me questions about boys. School. If I have a boyfriend. Which the answer is no and I'm not planning to have a boyfriend. Except if Percy Jackson is available.

"Because," I sighed, "He's always been overprotective about me."

Rydel raised her eyebrow, "You're telling me. I have 4 brothers."

She had always mentioned about her brothers but I haven't seen them since Rydel said they're all homeschooled. I wish I could be them. But I feel bad for Rydel because she's the only female from her siblings.

"Yeah but I bet they're not that overprotective about you as my brother is about me." I argued. Trust me, I think my brother is overprotective about me more than Rydel's brothers.

"You're right on that," Rydel shrugged, as she stood up from the bench we were sitting on, "Anyways, come to my house tonight? Let's have a sleepover."

I stood up too. My butt fell asleep. Fuck. How long were we sitting there anyways?, "Yes! But I will still have to ask my mom and my brother. I'll text you. Okay?"

Rydel nodded as a smile got splattered on her face. Rydel has always been perky. That's one of the many reasons why I love her. Yes, because of her perky personality. But I mean, it's better to have a best friend with a perky personality than a best friend that looks at everything from the bad side.

"Okay then, you'll text me right after your mom says yes or no so I can set up everything and kick my brothers out." Rydel quickly explained. If anyone heard this, they'll probably ask her to repeat it but me, being her best friend, understood every single word she said.

"Okay," I smiled as we both hugged quickly before we both went our own separate ways to get home.

As I started making my way home, my pocket buzzed. I knew right away it was my cellphone. So I pulled it out and saw the screen which the message pops there and it was from Rydel.

R: are u home yet?

S: nop. wait, scratch that. i'm home now. ttyl

R: yay!

I smiled and stuck my phone in my pocket and opened the door.

"Hello?! Samantha Valentine is home!" I called out, closing the door after I got in. I hope mom's home because I really wanna hang out at Rydel's house and finally get to see her "annoying" brothers.

"Brandon Valentine here!" My brother yelled from the kitchen, "Man. I hate my last name."

I laughed aloud as I made my way to the kitchen. As I reach the kitchen, my mom and him were eating pizza. My jaw dropped open. How dare they eat pizza without me.

My mom quickly took a plate out and settled 2 pieces of pepperoni pizzas on the plate.

She handed me the plate and I took it and took a seat next to Brandon.

"So mom," I took a bite of the pizza, "Can I go to Rydel's house for a sleepover?"

My mom took a bite of her pizza, "Of course. I think you girls have such a nice friendship."