Chapter Three

• Dedicated to Mel

I am asleep when we land in London. I feel Seth’s warm hand gently brushing my face to wake me up. “Morning, your majesty. We have arrived in London.” says Seth in an overly posh voice that makes me giggle. “You know you don’t have to call me ‘Your Majesty’ until I have made my decision to stay here in London or go back to the Gold Coast.” I explain. “Yeah, I know. It’s just that it sounds so cool.” Seth pauses then continues with. “Princess Samantha Jane Bishop, I could get used to a name like that.” “What do you mean?” I ask suspiciously. “What, you really think I came all the way to London with you just for the fun of it?” Says Seth sarcastically. When he says this it makes me realise that maybe he really does like me. Maybe I have a shot at being with the hottest guy at the school.

“I don’t want to live in London because, not that it’s possible, but I might find a guy that is hotter than you!” I blurt out, then slap my hand to my mouth. “What did you say?” asks Seth. “Nothing, I said nothing!” I reply. “Oh really? Cause I could’ve sworn that you just called me hot!” exclaims Seth. “Never!” I reply with a grin. “Whatever! Oh, and just for the record I think you are hot too.” says Seth catching me off guard.

Seth grabs my hand as a voice says “Samantha, please report to the back of the aircraft to collect your luggage and to receive further instructions.” I grab my bag from the back of the chopper and instantly feel bad for Seth as he didn’t have enough time to pack.

We walk down the stairs and off the chopper when I see Ted.

“Ted!” I yell. “We need to get Seth some clothes.”

“I’m sure that won’t be a problem!” replies Ted, pointing behind me. I swing around and see what he is pointing at. It is a massive palace.

“How’s that going to help us?” I say, confused.

“That is where you will be staying for the next few days or until we can figure out what to do with you and your ‘friend’!” replies Ted. My jaw drops and for a few minutes I am frozen in what is possibly the happiest moment of my life.

I snap out of it when I realise that Seth is waving his hand in front of my face trying to get my attention.

“Sam! Ted says we have to go and to be honest I wouldn’t really want to get on his bad side.” We turn around and walk hand in hand to the giant doors of the palace. Phillip is already at the doors and looks like he is talking to the wall. But as we approach the front steps I notice the small intercom on the wall that he is speaking into.

Walking through the front doors of the palace I feel really small. It’s as if I am Alice from Alice in Wonderland and I have drunk some of that drink that makes you shrink. Someone is shaking me and I realise that I am daydreaming again. “Samantha Bishop, meet Keith Bishop, your real father.” says Phillip in a proud voice. I look at the man standing in front of me. His hair is the same mousy brown colour as mine. He is tall and thin just like me and his eyes are nearly identical to mine.

He is just as I imagined him. I run up to him and we hug for what seems like years. It feels like this one hug is telling him everything he needs to know about me. This means he can tell that I like Seth, who, might I add is still standing there unrecognised. Dad must be able to read thoughts because just as I am thinking about Seth he lets go of me and says “And who do we have here?”

“Dad, meet Seth. He goes to my school and when I left his party in tears last night he followed me home.” I explain.

“So I take it he knows about Charlie and Kylie and the whole treasure hunter thing?” asks dad.

“Yes Sir. We had to tell him because he said that he wasn’t letting us take your daughter without knowing who we were and where we were taking her.” explains Phillip.

“Sure sounds like a keeper Sammy.” says dad.

“Sure does.” I reply.

Whoa, hold up. Parents aren’t supposed to like their kids crushes the first time they meet them! That’s just not natural. Either that or Seth is a bigger charmer than I thought he was.

As I am thinking this, a woman enters the room. She looks familiar but I can’t put a name to her beautiful face. Wait a second. She looks like me too.

“Who do we have here?” she asks in a hushed voice.

“Samantha, meet your mother Susan Bishop!” says dad excitedly. For a moment I stand still taking in her facial features and finding the bits that resemble me. After about five minutes I smile and run towards her with my arms wide open.

The hug doesn’t last for very long but that short amount of time is enough to fill her in on my life since she left.

“Mum? Can we talk?” I whisper in her ear.

“Sure Roo!” she replies. Suddenly the memories come flooding back and I remember the short amount of time that I was with mum and dad when I was little. I still don’t know why they called me Roo though.

“Follow me Seth,” Says dad as I walk outside with mum. “I will show you to your room!” I really hope dad is not about to give Seth the ‘fragile daughter talk’.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey! Sorry about the mishap with the end of this chapter! I don't know if you noticed but a part of the end of this chapter was missing so it didn't really flow into chapter four that well!!

Anyway, I will let you keep reading!

Remember to fan and vote!

<3 Maddy:)