Personality Shift

I've written this because I disapprove of the other Clausten thing I've written

Claus

"Hey there, Badges!" I call out, leaping onto Ninten's back. He quickly grabs my legs and keeps me up.

"Hey, Carrots." He says, turning his head and giving me a smile. I smile back at him and raise my arms.

"Yay! Having strong friends is fun!" I yell. I like being carried; mostly because it makes me taller.

"Well, there's something that doesn't change when we're alone.

"Hmm?" I ask, curious.

"You haven't noticed? When it's just us, you pretty much change completely. You don't call people mean names or anything like that. You get pretty chill. But you're still pretty loud." He laughs. I think for a moment.

"Huh." I say. That's weird. "Do you want me to be rude and stuff?"

"Nah, I like it this way. See that? You asked me for my opinion." He tells me.

"Whoa..." I say, jumping down.

"Yeah, you're normally really toxic and stuff. But when it's just us, you're nice. To me, at least. I really like it." He explains.

"Oh..." This is new knowledge. I don't mean to act nice around him. It just happens. Huh.

I look around at the trees and down to my shoes.

"Where're you going?" I ask the taller boy.

"Picking up dinner for mom and stuff," He tells me. "They like Onett's burgers better."

"I better not keep you waiting, then?" I ask him. He shakes his head.

"You don't have to go off you don't want to. I appreciate the company."

"Cool." I say, walking with him. Why do I act different around him? Is it just that he brings out a... Better me? Or do I subconsciously be nicer to him?

"You alright?" Ninten asks me.

"Yeah..."

"Zoning out?"

"Yyyeahh..."

"About anything in particular?"

I nod. "The whole personality shift thing. I dunno why I do it."

He shrugs. "Me neither. Keep at it though, it's nice. It makes me feel special, being one of the only people to know the other you."

The other me... That sounds weird. Do I do this with anyone else? Not that I can think of... Maybe I used to with Fuel, but that was a few years ago...

"If you come in with me, I'll buy you something." Ninten's voice interrupts my thoughts.

"Nah, don't worry about it."

"And now you aren't being selfish." He points out. I smile slightly and follow him inside.

"I know you want one anyway, so too bad so sad, you're getting a burger." He tells me. I thank him and stand with him in line. He orders the food and sits down with me at a table.
;

We talk for a little bit about things before the food arrives. We leave Burger Time and Ninten gives me a quick hug before Teleporting back to Podunk*. I look at the sky, which is slowly but surely growing darker and begin heading home, food in hand.

-

I wonder, am I just an attention seeker? Am I just a dick when there's a lot of people because then they'll notice me? If I'm alone with Ninten, then I don't need to get peoples attention, because I normally have his undivided attention.