𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟒.𝟏 - 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘴𝘵𝘣𝘪𝘵𝘦

Start from the beginning

"She's so cute." I stand up and observe as the dog devours her food.

"That she is." Grace agrees before she moves on to the Shetland Sheep Dog in the next cage.

"Does she have a name?"

"Pete says it's best not to name them because you'll get attached." She informs as she scoops the kibble from its bag. My fingers grip around the large loops of the gate as I continue to observe the Lab.

My phone suddenly dings, before I reach into my back pocket to see who I got a text from.

Elisa:
Guess who's in Central City?

I let out an excited squeal before I quickly reply.

Bree:
AHHHHHH!
YESSSSSS!
WE'RE GONNA HAVE SO MUCH FUN!

Brett twists the ring on his index finger, as he sits on the chair at his desk

Brett twists the ring on his index finger, as he sits on the chair at his desk. A knock breaks him out of his thoughts before he spots his mother at his door.

"She's here." Caitlin smirks at her son.

"Okay," he lets out a nervous sigh. "I'll be right there."

She nods before she leaves him be.

Brett mentally runs through what he wants to say on his way down the stairs.

He listens to his parents' voices as they greet her, along with most of their friends.

"How's William?" He hears Barry ask.

"He's great. He's back at the apartment Dad rented for us."

Brett walks into the living room with his hand rubbing the back of his neck. Everyone's attention is on him, which causes Elisa to turn around. Brett awkwardly stands there and his breath hitches in his throat.

To everyone it was a second, but to Brett it was in slow motion, with her blonde locks flowing graciously. She was even more beautiful than the last time he saw her.

"Brett!" Her smile widens as she runs to hug him. He's taken off guard but he smiles and eventually hugs her back. He looks ahead to find everyone smirking at him. His smile fades before he clears his throat and pulls away.

He opens his mouth to say something and Elisa raises her eyebrows in an amused way.

"It's really good to see you..." Elisa breaks the silence.

"Uh," he shuts his eyes for a second. "Yeah...it's good to see you too...You look great." He admits before his blue eyes widen. "Not that you don't always look great!" He quickly defends. "You-you do!...always look great."

"Smooth." Dante whispers before retrieving a punch on the arm from Grace.

"Thanks." Elisa chuckles and nods.