Past

I moved to a new city with no clue of who I was and I definitely did not know who he was. We were in the same journalism class and when we were put into a room we were drawn like magnets.

It started with little looks that turned into long stares that turned into him sitting by me instead of his original seat. Then me buying him coffee on the way to class to us hanging out outside of class.

He had completely and totally captured me body and soul.

Within the first few months of our relationship, we decided it was too hard not to be together all the time. So we moved in together.

Andrew knew everything I was gonna say before I said it. The thought I had when some stranger bumped into me.

It was because even though we were different we were also the same.

On the night we were a little more over a year into what was supposed to be the rest of our lives.

I awoke from my sleep when I felt an air of cold hit my side where Andrew usually laid his hand.

I reached for him but there was no hi there to reach. Barely awake I stumbled to my feet. I could hear mumbling coming from the other side of the room.

"Andrew?" I asked. Still completely out of it.

"Go back to bed close your eyes," Andrew said calming but in a authorizing voice.

I turned my head and we aren't alone in this room. right next to Andrew is a gun and a man holding the gun.

"Now, I ain't gonna wait any longer, now, ya'll better hurry up," the man said clinking the gun against Andrews temple.

The same temple I knew and loved that I'd kiss as we fell asleep in each others arms.

"Julia here take my card and go downstairs to the ATM and pull out the race money," Andrew said moving his card from his wallet and handing it to me as if there wasn't a gun being held to his head.

I shook my head in agreement, I grabbed his card my purse and bunny slippers and ran to the elevator, It was taking too long, Andrew could be dead by now.

I ran to the stairs and almost tripped a good five times. At the ATM I was just pressing random buttons. My brain was not working.

Good time to not work.

Insert Andrew's card and then it asks for a pin number. Pin number?

I restart and use my card instead I take out everything the machine can let me. Roughly 6,000 dollars.

The machine is wiped clean.

There is no more money.

I run back upstairs where Andrew is still alive but the gun never left.

"Here," I say handing over the money," I wiped the machine dry."

"What the fuck is this?" the man asks his face no longer covered by the dark of night because the sun is rising and the day will start. "We both know there is a lot more from the race then this!"

I have plans this morning to meet my mother for breakfast with Andrew will we make the plans?

I began to cry in the realization that we were not saved.

"Well, It wasn't your fault Andrew pal, that's what happens when you send a bitch to do something," The man says now turning the gun to me.

The tears come out uncontrollably and I know I'm about to die. The Gun fires and I stay standing I look down to address my Bullet wound, but it's not there.

Instead Im pushed back by a heavier body a Man's body. Andrew's Body.