Say Something

Armie

Outside, the sun beamed down as the hot LA weather contradicted with the weather in most of the country; inside the now almost empty house, Armie lied on his couch, on the phone in his hands, he scrolled through all the websites that were now reporting the news. His parents had called over and over again as soon as the first report came along, his friends all sending messages of support and confusion; marriages end, that's a fact and yet none of his friends and family members could believe that happened with him.

They looked happy, they looked in love and they once were, but now it seemed more like living with your best friend; a best friend you'd always hold close to your heart and share a connection with. He couldn't quite understand when things started going downhill for them, hell he couldn't even understand when he developed feelings for someone he once only saw as a dear friend and yet here he was, scrolling through his phone, dodging every single call and text message received, cuz the only person he truly wish to talk to was inside a plane, heading to same city he was in right now and probably completely unaware of the events.

Timothée

The difference between New York and Los Angeles was something that had always intrigued Timothée; both cities were known for art, for fame and yet the approach to artists was completely different in each one of them. He felt overwhelmed whenever he landed in Los Angeles; as much as he grew to love the city almost as much as his own New York, it was only when he was in Armie's presence that he truly felt settled. But then there was the fact that being around Armie, always made everything feel better.

By now he was aware of all the reports on his older friend; the man had got a divorce and didn't even bother to tell him about it; he found out just like everyone else, through an article in a gossip site. Sure, he didn't expect a long ass phone call about the subject, but Armie could've at least sent him a text, preparing him for what was about to come. Back then, leaving the airport and making his way towards his hotel, Timothée didn't know there was still a lot more to come.

Armie

Armie was tired of seeing his name in every goddamn gossip site, his photo circulating in all the entertainment shows on tv; he needed a shower, he needed to push back the overwhelming feeling of being the center of attention. When it came to the movies he was in, he didn't mind having his name used, but this, this was a whole other level and he realized –maybe a little too late- that he wasn't ready for it.

When the phone rang, he had just left the shower and as he sat on his bed, the towel wrapped around his waist, a smile –probably the first one in days- appeared in his lips as he saw Timothée's name lighting up on the screen. He hit answer and pressed the phone to his ear, speaking before Timothée even had a chance.

"I figured you'd call," said Armie, "I guess you heard the news by now"

"Yes, I did," his voice was soft and calming; everything Armie needed right now, "gotta say I am a little surprised by it and slightly offended you did not tell me before"

"I'm sorry," started Armie as he heard Timothée chuckle on the other side of the line. He knew exactly what that meant; whenever Timothée spoke without really thinking he would do that, chuckle away right after as if to try and light up the mood.

"Dude, I was just kidding, you have better things to do than keep me updated on everything that happens in your life"

He wasn't kidding. Armie knew that very well; he could tell the hint of sadness in his voice and Armie couldn't really blame him, he was Timothée's confidant, it was only fair the younger man expected the same treatment.