I know Nick will be upset that I am coming into work, but I need to be productive, I can't just sit in his apartment all alone. I don't want to be alone with just my thoughts to keep me company, I am still in shock about what happened and don't particularly feel like having a breakdown all alone, or at all to be honest. But I know that is inevitable, but I would like to prevent it from happening as much as possible, and if that means going into work after my boss attempted to rape me, then so be it. I am not a weak person, and I hate crying and would like to avoid it at all costs. 

I catch the next bus to work and arrive out front around lunch time. I walk into the building, with anticipation running through my veins. I didn't know if I was excited to see Nick, or scared to see Jeremy. But either way, I was about to see someone, and probably get some interesting looks, considering what I am wearing and the large bruises all over my body. I stop before opening the door to office. Am I ready for this? I ask myself. Shut up and go! My inner self shouts at me. I'm right I need to be strong. I enter the office.

As I close the door, everything seems to freeze like someone hit the pause button of a movie. Everyone turns to look at me, some in shock others in sympathy. I avoid eye contact and make my way over to Sierra, who is standing off to the side, looking at me in concern and confusion. I pretend to not  notice the audience I had.

"Hey, whats up?" I ask casually. 

"You're seriously asking me whats up?!" She asks, sounding shocked. 

I nod in confusion. 

"Not much I guess, quiet day." She replies.

"Anything for me to do?" I ask, hoping for paperwork or some photo copies. 

"Nope, nothing. We really don't need any extra help." She says. 

I frown, as she turns on her heel and walks away towards the ladies washroom. I follow her in hopes of getting away from all the stares. 

We enter the bathroom, she checks all the stalls to make sure we are alone before she turns on me. 

"What the hell are you doing here?" She demands. 

"Excuse me? I work here." I say, folding my arms across my chest, accessing my inner bitch.

"You are supposed to be home resting." She responds.

"Who told you that?" 

"Mr.Merinor, he insisted that you needed the day off. And no one argued with him after what we all saw and heard yesterday. Not to mention, Jeremy being extra douchey this morning. He came in just to scream at everyone then went off to some important meeting. He had quite the scratch on his face though." She explained. 

"Well, Nick is just being ridiculous, I am fine... and I'm glad he has a Nice scratch maybe it will scar." I say. 

"You definetly don't look fine, April... You look like shit, and you look like you are in pain. You should n't be here. Not to mention, Mr.Merinor will not be pleased to see you here today." She replies. 

"Well, I hurt like a bitch, but you know me... I need to stay busy.. so I don't care if Nick doesn't want me here, I need to be here." I say sternly, putting my foot down.

"Well, okay.... but if I was you I would not want to piss off Mr.Merinor, he seems excessively over-protective." She replies smiling at me for the first time. 

"He is, and I don't want to get him angry believe me, I have seen his angry and it is not pretty. But like I said I need this." 

She nods.

"Where is Nick anyway?" I ask, realizing I hadn't seen him in the office, panic sets in. What if he and Jeremy had had a fight? Is he okay?

She notices my distress, "Don't worry he is fine, he went out for lunch. And Jeremy and him haven't seen each other all day." 

I sigh a relief, then I turn and leave the bathroom. With my short absence, everyone seems to have returned to normal, all busily running around. I smile, thankful to no longer be the center of attention. Not knowing what to do with myself, I enter Nick's office and decide to wait for him. After I walked in I instantly regretted it. I could feel the anxiety, as I glanced around the room still a mess from yesterday's chaos. I stand in the center of the room and resist the urge to sob.

"What the hell are you doing here!?" Nick shouts from the doorway as he enters the room. His voice is filled with undeniable anger. I turn and glance up at him, his face is a an unreadable mask. His eyes clouded, Uh-Oh. 

As I stand there, in the middle of his office staring at his maddened expression, I begin to lose it. And the tears begin to flow freely, and uncontrollably.