chapter seventy one

HIS ARM, HIS HAIR, HIS FACE, HIS RINGS, HIM. IM NOT FINE.

••

Madison

We're one week into having Lily home and, honestly, it hasn't been amazing. Yes, it's the most wonderful thing to have your own child and to bring them home and bring them up as the child you'd dream about them being; but in the past week all we've been doing is getting up during the night, every hour or so, because she was crying and needed attention. Of course I was expecting less sleep, but not so much that I'd lose a whole nights sleep within a few days!

It's now just after 10pm and I finally got her to sleep after a stressful hour of trying to put her down. She's got a hell of a set of lungs on her. That baby can cry!

I released a big sigh as I let myself fall on the bed, my arms spread out and my legs dangled off the side, hovering just above the floor. The sound of the shower running in our bathroom was all I could hear, and it was delightful. No crying. No whining. No stressful muttering or rushing around. Just the sound of water running. Never would I ever think that I'd find that soothing.

I close my eyes and let my whole body relax on the bed. My mind went completely blank as I let all my muscles in my body relax. Actually, I was so tired that I didn't even hear the shower water shut off. The next thing I know Brad is standing half naked right in front of me on the opposite end of the room. My eyes flicker over every inch of his body. The tiny water droplets hung off his back and dropped on to the towel that hung loosely around his waist. His damp curls lay almost completely flat to his head, until he brought up a hand and shook his hair with it; the curls loosely began to go fuzzy as his hair began to dry with the mixture of warm and cold air.

I decided instead of staring, why don't I go and entertain myself? His damp, messy hair. His soft, wet, smooth skin. To look in his eyes and tell him for the one millionth time that I love him. I'd love nothing more right now. Lately, I feel like Brad and I haven't had much time together. We have spend time with Lily, but not by ourselves. We just can't. It's much harder to do something when you've got a baby to take care of!

I quietly stood up from my laying position and slowly walked over to Brad. The cold air swiftly wisps passed me as I walk towards him, the warm feeling returning as I got closer to him. I smiled as I neared him, the sound of him humming along to a song was music to my ears. His voice is definitely something I'd love to listen to on a continuous loop.

To make sure I didn't startle him too much, I gently placed my warm hand on his slightly damp shoulder, the hairs on the back of his neck stood up as goosebumps ran across his arms from my touch. Brad mumbled a 'hi' before he started to hum to the song he was humming beforehand. I rolled my eyes, wanting more attention than a blunt greeting.
(literally me lmao)

I let my hand fall from his shoulder, making both my arms fall to my sides. I looked at his back, seeing the scratch marks starting to fade away. Only small, red lines were there. I bit my lip as I stared at them, thinking of the things I would do to do it again. I want to. But with Lily, I feel like I can't. But I almost I feel like a voice inside me is craving him. It's like having an angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other; the devil telling me to go for it, while the angel says no because we have a baby. I don't see why we can't. Lily is asleep in a completely different room. I'll just have to learn to be quiet - if I can.

I smirk to myself and take my hands and wrap them around his waist, my fingers meeting as I locked my hands together at Brad's stomach. The goosebumps reappeared along his skin. I grinned, knowing I've almost got him. Brad stopped humming for a split second, but started again when he realised I didn't do anything else. You'll sharp stop in a second, I thought.

To surprise him, I placed my lips on the back of his neck. He suddenly stopped humming the song and silence took over. I internally smirked; I've got him wrapped around my finger.

My lips left that spot and immediately met in between his shoulder blades, making Brad release a sigh. His head hung, looking down at, I assume, my hands as I unlock my fingers and rest my palms on his stomach. I planted soft kisses all over his back and shoulders. His breathing became irregular and his eyes sometimes closed whenever I made patterns with my fingers.

I eventually stopped kissing his body and brought my head to his neck, resting my chin on his shoulder as I looked at his side profile. His eyes looked down, his cheeks were flushed with a rosy pigment and his mouth was formed in a straight line, trying so hard not to give in to me. Although, I know fine well that he will give in very soon.

"What are you doing?" Brad asks. He's playing dumb.

"What? A woman can't show her sexy fiancé some love?" I replied with excitement laced in my voice, my mouth right next to his ear.

Brad let out a sigh, his shoulders rose up and down as he did so. His head fell back slightly, he looked up at the ceiling and closed his eyes. He doesn't know how to reply. Got ya.

Brad moves his head as he faces down, like before, and slowly walked out of my grasp. He headed for the open door of our bedroom, his towel still tied around his waist. I watched as he grabbed the side of the door and closed it, his hand stayed on the white, wooden frame as his gaze slowly lifted to me. His eyes had a small twinkle in them. I've realised that whenever I look into his eyes, he always has that little twinkle. I think it's cute.

His eyebrows raised as he continued to stare at me. A small smirk etched its way on to my face, getting larger the more I stared at him. His hand left the white door, bringing both arms up and folded them over his chest, making his arms look huge. Wow.

A tingling feeling erupted inside me. My heart beat increased and my knees began to feel weak. It's not him who's giving in, it's me.

To tease him, I folded my arms under my breasts, pushing them up slightly. Brad cleared his throat, his eyes flickered down to my breasts, but immediately came back to my face. I put all of my weight on one side of my body, waiting for him to do something.

I could sense his eyes all over my body. The burning feeling of his lustful gaze made chills run down my spine. He licked his lips, his tongue making a small appearance. That drives me mad. His floppy hair hung over his head, a little over his eyes. The rings on his fingers made me bite the inside of my cheeks. His hands! Gosh.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked, trying to push him a little. His eyes burned into mine. His teeth grazed his bottom lip as he stared at me from the opposite side of the room.

Brad let out a soft groan before he spoke, "I'm just thinking about what I'm going to do to you." And there's the Brad I was looking for. This side of him really has an effect on me.

"And what's that?" I replied in a hushed tone, my cheeks starting to heat up. My smirked getting bigger as I shifted my weight from one leg to the other.

"Instead of telling you, why don't I show you."

••

comment if you want me to carry this on into the next chapter;))