Skins

It is said that the only way to kill one is with a silver bullet, dipped in white ash and fired at close range.

            You must use caution when approaching one, however. One wrong move, one accidental noise-- they flee. They disappear, faster than a beam of light escaping a newly-lit lantern, leaving no trail to trace. They are gone, and you have missed your opportunity, the golden opportunity that many would kill to have. A single person never finds one twice, after all.

            They move from town to town, looking for more victims in their never ending game of chase. If you make eye contact with one, even for the briefest of moments, they will seep into your mind. They stay in the shadows, haunting you with ruthless demons and spirits. You will be followed for the remainder of your life, or until the day you finally snap.

            One should never speak of them, and even saying their name is taboo. The moment they are mentioned, they will seek you out. They have power unheard of; Power so ancient, even the elders have long forgotten exactly what it entails. This power is stored in unlimited quantities and can be used by any so evil as to attempt to access it. Some say that it gives them the ability to transform into any shape they so desire, as long as they have the pelt of which they’d like to be. Others say that they aren’t human at all, but beasts from the beginning. Either option is just as frightening as the alternative.

            Sly, clever, fast, vicious- they are the ultimate hunter. They are the perfect predator. They are relentless and will pursue their goal until it comes to fruition. It is their obsession to find and destroy as many individuals as they possibly can. They mimic all noises with absolute accuracy, whether the sound is animal or human. Being able to read thoughts gives them a supreme advantage over their prey.

            It makes sense, then, that you don’t find them.

            They find you.

            They own you.

            They are the Skin-Walkers.