Big Dipper

As Hyeon Su came to he brought his hand up to his neck where a white cloth was tied across it. He smelled a healing herb that must have been placed there to close the wound.

     Why had Taebin stopped. Why had King Yeomra not taken his soul?

     Hyeon Su's thoughts halted as soon as he heard voices coming from the other room. He got up from the warm mattress and luxuriously stitched quilt and went to place his ear closer to the paper screen.

     "He's staying as my guest" he heard Taebin say. His voice still as rich as chocolate even raised as it was.

     "I'm sorry my lord but the nine kings do not agree with your decision to let a live human stay here."

     "Then tell them that it is the punishment I deemed worthy for him after how many demons the human killed."

     "They will say you are not judging with your wisdom but with your feeling for the human, Your Majesty."

      "I will meet them soon and explain myself just tell them my answer." 

      Hyeon Su scrambled from the wall and back onto the quilt, laying back down and closing his eyes as he heard Taebin's footsteps approaching.

     "Do you feel light headed?" Taebin asked coming to sit at the corner of the quilt. He'd known he'd been listening. Of course he did. He could probably hear his breathing from a mile away.

     "I'm fine" Hyeon Su replied, sitting up. 

     "Good, I'll get you something to eat." Taebin said rising from the quilt but Hyeon Su placed his hand on top of Taebin's stopping him. Their eyes meet and somehow Taebin's crimson eyes seemed to thaw and ignite a warmth in Hyeon Su that he'd only felt once before. When they'd played in perfect harmony.

     "Why didn't you kill me? Why did you bring me here?" Hyeon Su said squeezing his hand more firmly around Taebin's as if he'd disappear.

    "Because you make me feel alive, you make me feel like a fool, and you make this..." Taebin said bringing Hyeon Su's hand over his heart "Beat faster than it ever has."

     Hyeon Su swallowed. He couldn't deny that he did feel something for the man in front of him. Maybe it was the warmth of his eyes, the gentle way he touched him as if he was something precious, or maybe it was even the pleasure he'd felt when Taebin's fangs had bitten into him. Because even though he'd been in the slightest of pain at first, he'd wanted nothing more than to moan as Taebin took him. He'd bitten his lip in shame instead and kept absolutely still and silent. All those feelings resurfaced with Taebin before him now and somehow it felt right. Like this was his home now. Like the underworld, like Taebin was where he belonged.

      "Here" Taebin said and with a wave off his hand a feast appeared before him, beef, fruits, and pastries of all kinds. It was a better meal than Hyeon Su had seen even in his days living as a general's son.

     "Thank you" he said before digging in. Taebin laughed as he watched him as if watching a human enjoy a meal was the most riveting thing in the world.

     "You have gravy on your chin" Taebin said wiping it off with a napkin. Hyeon Su set down his chopsticks and placed his hand over Taebin's.

      "I want to come with you when you speak to the other kings I want to show them that I want to stay here with you." Relief seemed to wash over Taebin's face at those words.

     "You know you've been asleep for several days and within that time I thought you might want to leave when you woke up so I made something to try to convince you to stay." Taebin took Hyeon Su by the hand and lead him out of the room. He covered his fingers over Hyeon Su's eyes and lead him into a new room. When he took his hands away Hyeon Su gasped in amazement. The room was decorated in the exact same way the grand concert hall had been before he had burned it and there in the center of the room was his grand white piano and a gayageum on the floor beside it.

     "We can play music together whenever you like now" Taebin said. "I also composed a song for you to play." Hyeon Su looked down at the music sheets on the piano at the top of the page the title read Be your Moonlight.

     "It's beautiful" Hyeon Su said tears coming to his eyes. "But I can't read notes."

     "That's okay I can teach you."

     Hyeon Su hugged him then, placing his body firmly against his. Taebin kissed the top of his moon-white hair before moving to the tip of his nose. He bit Hyeon Su's lips playfully and it made Hyeon Su shiver as he ran his fingers down Taebin's long black hair

     It was then that Hyeon Su woke up for real this time. Memories of centuries ago flew past him, Taebin making him his lover and fixing his place in the underworld against the other nine kings wishes. He remembered the time spent with him there, the beautiful gardens they'd walked though, his lessons in the piano room and how they use to dance together. He remembered all the nights they'd slept together all the times his back had arched. All the times his neck had been blessed with Taebin's fangs.

     He also remembered the end. Why the immortal Taebin now, why his Taebin felt guilty. He'd gone up to earth to collect another soul and the elder kings had converged on him like pythons. The nine kings had killed him in the piano room. Hyeon Su's blood stained those ivory keys crimson and Taebin had found him that way.

     Hyeon Su's eyes opened now, and he wiped the tears from his face. He was in his own bed and he remembered his mind had gone back to the past when he'd seen Taebin's familiar crimson eyes.

     "Taebin?"

     "I'm here."

     Taebin was beside the bed and it reminded him so much of their time in the underworld.

      "Taebin I remember everything" Hyeon Su said moving from the bed and embracing him. His body was shaking. Even though they'd only been with each other a few hours before in this lifetime it felt like centuries now that his memories where back.

     "Then you remember how it was my fault you died? I left you there."

      "No, it wasn't your fault. The elder kings would have found a way to get to me otherwise. They hated you and wanted you to fall from your throne. It wasn't your fault." He needed Taebin to know that. He wanted him to know that with every part of his body and he knew what would convince him.

     "Taebin why are you living like a shadow of yourself. Why are you not taking the blood of the souls you reap? Your energy is growing lower." 

     "I couldn't after having your blood nothing else was able to fully satiate me."

     "I'm here now" Hyeon Su said straddling his body around Taebin's waist. "I'm here and I'm yours." Hyeon Su let his tongue trace Taebin's lips parting them with a flick before kissing him deeply. Taebin kissed him back and carried him to the bed, removing his shirt as Hyeon Su raised his hands above his head. Their breath mingled in a scent that reminded Taebin of lotus flowers. Of the sweetest blood he'd ever tasted. Of the sweetest human he'd ever become one with. It made him ravenous. It made him playful.

     Taebin moved lower and kissed Hyeon Su along his neck, gently nipping without breaking skin. Hyeon Su moaned and it made Taebin laugh in delight. Still he moved lower and blew a breath of air along Hyeon Su's bare abdomen that sent his body arching. Taebin moved his lips to Hyeon Su's nipples sucking gently. His hands raked through his blond-pink hair moving it from his forehead.

     "Taebin please drink my blood" Hyeon Su said his voice wavered in pleasure as Taebin licked him all the way from his abdomen to his chest.  In response Hyeon Su pulled him by the hair and brought him to his neck. He placed his hands against Taebin's bare back and let his fingers dig in as Taebin's fangs bit into his neck, the pain soon overpowered by pleasure.

     Taebin moved against him in the same rhythm as he sucked his blood and Hyeon Su entwined his legs with his. Taebin had been right, Hyeon Su regaining his memories had been a good idea. He wouldn't suffer alone anymore, and he wouldn't be alone. Taebin gently extracted his fangs from Hyeon Su's neck kissing him gently.

     "I love you Hyeon Su"

     "I love you Taebin" Hyeon Su said with a cute but mischievous smile as he brought his mouth down on Taebin's jaw and kissed the nine moles down his neck as if it was a map that anchored him home, as if it was a constellation of stars.