two

I round the corner leaving my room when I see possibly the the cutest thing ever. I see Dustin in his Ghostbusters costume, singing the theme. Him and his friends did a group costume of their favorite movie, I think ever.

"Oh my god!" I exclaim, running over and pinching his cheeks. I see my reactions freaks him out and he pushes me off.

"Lay off, I'm not three." His anger somehow makes him even more adorable.

I hear my mom walk in with her polaroid. Dustin poses for her and I stand behind her as she does. Ever since Dustin was born, he's been the main focus. I don't mind, he deserves it. He's a good kid. I think the reason we butted heads so much growing up is because I'd still fight for the main focus, but now I let him have the spotlight. I had five years in it, it's his turn.

"Diana?" I hear my mom, I look at her. Completely confused on why she called my name.

"Do you want to get in the picture?" She gives me a hopeful smile, I look at Dustin to see the same one.

I laugh and wrap my arms around him, and flash the camera a toothy grin. My mom takes a couple more of us, and then she rushes him off to school. I watch him run out the door to meet up with his friends, when my eyes lay on the lunch he left on the counter. I gasp and grab it, quickly heading out the door. I call his name and he quickly stops and turns around. I jog up to him, I unzip his book bag and put the paper bag inside.

"You can't capture ghost on an empty stomach." I smile ruffling his hair, for once he doesn't scramble to fix it.

"Thanks, Diana."

"Be safe, okay? I love you." I smile, and he smiles back nodding.

I see the other boys and wave, "Hey boys!"

They all give me quick 'heys' and I turn back to Dustin, "Are you sure you don't want me to go trick or treating with you tonight?"

He rolls his eyes, "Yes, I'm sure. Go to that party, anyway Jonathan is walking us."

I nod my head and give him a hug, "Have a good day at school, love you guys!" I smile as they pedal off. What I'd give to be that age again. I walk back to my house and get ready for school.

-

I do one more once over in my mirror. I don't know what I really expect at this party, Tina was throwing it and we've only talked once when she asked for a smoke. I didn't go too crazy with my 'costume'. I painted on a blue and red lightning bolt across my face, and I threw on a white loose fitting tee, black jeans, and my white converse. I'm hoping Bowie would be proud.

I walk into the living room to see Dustin is on his way out, "Bye Dustin!! Stay safe! I love you!" I yell out.

"Yeah, yeah, love you too!" He yells back as the door closes.

I stand at my pantry looking for a snack. The party is in, like, ten minutes so I'd figure I'd pregame on snacks. I find Dustin's hidden box of fruit roll ups and take three.

"Where are you heading to tonight?" My mom asks dearly. I turn around with a whole roll up in my mouth.

Shit, I can't say party, "Jessie's." I mumble, a mix of fruit roll up and saliva drips down my chin and I quickly wipe it away. I'm so attractive.

"All dressed up?" She asks peering over her glasses.

I laugh, "Yeah, her family has like a whole costume competition."

My mom gives me a sweet smile, "That's adorable. I'm sure you'll win!" She walks passed me to go to her La-Z-Boy. That was easy. I finish up my roll ups and decide to head out. I walk over to my mom and give her a kiss on the cheek and scratch my cat, Mews', head before heading out to the party.

As soon as I park I see three kids throwing up in the yard. Wow. Such excitement. I walk up the porch steps and open the front door. I can barely breathe with the overwhelming smell of hormones and stale alcohol in the air. Sweaty bodies on sweaty bodies surrounds me and awful music fills my ears.

"Jesus Christ." I mumble as I walk to the punch bowl. I fill a cup and take a sip. Oh my that is spiked and the punch to alcohol ratio was not planned out well. I look around and see Steve Harrington, he has a big smile on his face and glasses covering his eyes. I also see a very intoxicated Nancy dancing with him.

I decide to head to the backyard where I see an unfamiliar face doing a keg stand. I wait for him to finish to get a better look at his face.

"That's how it's done Hawkins!" He screams as he hits his chest. I'm not gonna lie, he's attractive. I get major douche vibes, but he's attractive. We make eye contact and my heart stops. I quickly turn around and observe the tree behind me. It's a beautiful tree, Tina's family should be proud.

"I don't think I've met you, yet." I hear a voice behind me. I slowly turn around and I'm met with a chest. I look up to see beautiful keg stand boy.

"I guess I can say the same about you." I smirk up at him. He cocks his head at me and I can see a spark of interest in his eyes. He walks closer to me, pushing my back against the tree behind me. I quickly down the rest of the punch in my hand and crush the cup, letting it fall from my hand to the ground.

He laughs a little, "I'm Billy."

"Diana." I say, taking a quick look at his lips. They're like perfect pink little pillows. I feel his hand grip my waist. Jesus, just kiss me already. I see him lean in, but instead of his lips connecting with my lips, they connect with my forehead. I furrow my eyebrows.

"Find me later. You're interesting" He smirks walking away.

What the fuck was that. I am pissed.

'find me later' keeps replaying in my head. You know what? He can find me later if he's gonna play that fuckery.

I walk back in the house when a very angry Steve pushes passed me. Curiosity sparks on me and I follow him. I see him walk over to the front yard tree, Tina has some beautiful trees. He sits on the swing and puts his head in his hands.

"Are you okay?" I ask walking up behind him. He looks at me, I see his eyes glazed over with tears.

"Well, lets see, my girlfrien-ex girlfriend, I guess, is unbelievably drunk, and decided to confess that our relationship is complete 'bullshit'." He put air quotes around bullshit.

Wow. Who knew paradise could be so troubled.

"Steve, I know we're not that close, but I'm sorry." I say walking closer and sitting down on the ground next to the swing.

"I don't want to talk about it, anymore." He mumbles looking down at his hands.

"What are you supposed to be?" I ask, trying to change the subject.

"Uh...I don't know if I'm being honest with you." He laughs slightly. He looks over at me.

"I like the whole Bowie thing, really cool." He smiles.

"I try." I laugh. We're quiet for a moment and I look over to see Jonathan helping Nancy into his car. Jonathan and I were super close before Will went missing. I tried to reach back out when he was found, but the timing wasn't right. Being his best friend I knew he had an undeniable crush on Nancy Wheeler. I look over to see if Steve saw them, luckily he was looking straight ahead at the street in front of us.

"Have you had a lot to drink?" He asks me.

I think about the tiny cup of punch I had, "No, just the tiny cup."

He looks down at me again, "Can you give me a ride home?"