I loved the boys, I really did, we all connected the day we started working together and I wouldn't trade any of this for the world, but Zak could be kind of a dick. This is about the fourth time we've butted heads and he may have a good reason too this time, but he doesn't have a right to treat me like he is.

Nobody seemed to know what to say. The other three just stared between Zak and I until I thought their necks were going to snap. Zak lowered the screen of his computer and leaned forward a little bit, "Maybe, maybe not, either way just watch your words a little more closely next time, okay?"

My breath hitched in my throat and my eyes widened a little bit. I didn't know what he was insinuating, but I really didn't want to find out. I could feel a slight bit of panic creep into my chest but I managed to get it to go away with some deep breathing.

Billy's phone rang and he answered it, hanging up after sharing only a few words with the person on the other end. He said the food was ready for pick up but before he could even get out of his seat, Zak was already standing, pulling on his sweatshirt. He announced that he would be willing to go get the food and then asked if anyone would like to join him. I don't know what came over me, but I stood and slipped on my boots and pulled on my hoodie as well, saying that I would join him.

Everyone seemed to pause again but I just ignored them, slipped my phone into my pocket, and walked to the door, turning to see if Zak was coming. He grabbed a room key, one labeled for my room, and walked after me out the door.

We made our way all the way down to the van in silence and slid into the passenger and driver's seats. I pulled my feet up into the seat just like I had since I was a little girl and whistled.

Zak brought the engine to life. "I'm sorry for doing that in front of the guys."

My stomach clenched a little bit and I tucked my hair back behind my ear, "It's cool."

"I don't like when my crew is in danger. Seeing you like that was not easy. Please take some of my words with a grain of salt; I just want you to be more careful."

My teeth clamped down on the insides of my cheeks at the thought of what had happened. The touch on the shoulder, the loss of time, hearing the boys screaming my name and waking up standing on the edge of the withering balcony. I had never felt so vulnerable or terrified in my life. The only reason I didn't back out as soon as I had begun was that of the guys. They made me feel safe again.

Absentmindedly, I reached over and grabbed the hand that Zak didn't have on the steering wheel; giving it a squeeze, and then letting it go. The little bit of tension that had been in the van was gone now and I could suddenly breathe again. I was going to ask Zak about the whole punishment thing but I decided to wait just a moment until we were parked.

We pulled into the parking lot of the Olive Garden and I ran inside to pay, running back out to wait for someone to deliver to us. While we waited, Zak and I discussed the next location and what he wanted me to do.

"So, are you actually going to "punish me"?" I question, giggling at his facial expression.

He shook his head, "I don't know what I meant by that, but no, I am not." He chuckles and plays with the black glass ring he was wearing, his cross tattoo poking out from underneath it. My eyes were fixated on the harsh dark lines that made up the tattoo, and the muscles pulling taut whenever he flexed his fingers.

I watched his movements and played with my own ring, pulling it off of my right pointer finger and putting it on my left. "I hope you know that if I had known what would have happened to any of us, I would have never gone into that room or said any of those things."

I seemed to catch Zak off guard because he jumped a little, looking up from his lap. He nodded, "I know, That's why I'm so keen on you watching yourself the next time. Just always think of what could happen and don't just assume it's okay."

I nod and look out the front windshield just in time to see someone walking out with two large bags. I roll down my window and thank the blue-eyed young man who brought it out to us, and don't miss the shy smile he gives me in return. Zak pulls out of the parking spot and heads back to the hotel.

We pull into the parking lot and head back up to my hotel room where we had left the other three. At one point, one of them had gone to the lobby to get us drinks, which I was grateful for. I passed out the food and breadsticks and begged Aaron and Jay who were sitting on the bed with me not to get anything on my clean sheets. As we all sat and ate and talked more about the next location, I couldn't help but let my mind wander back to what happened during the last investigation. I couldn't believe I could be so careless, to not only put myself in danger, but to put the boys in danger, too?

I shoved food into my mouth and tried not to think about it anymore, letting thoughts of my story overrun my brain. Suddenly, the sky was lit up by lightning and a roll of thunder was heard off in the distance. Rain pelted the window and more flashes of lighting shown bright through the panes of glass. I could feel myself getting more and more tired, rain being the one thing to always calm me down. When I finished up my food, I pulled open my laptop again and got comfy under the covers. I was lying so that I could read what I had written earlier while the boys talked; even though I knew I wouldn't get through but a few paragraphs before I drifted off into a dream filled sleep.