"Miss, why are you crying?'

Wendy jumped up and saw a beautiful woman in the water. She wiped her eyes quickly and smiled at her. "I'm fine. I'm sorry."

The woman looked up at her with a smile. It was hard for Wendy to make out what she looked like since the sun was setting, but she could see that she had long brown hair and was incredibly beautiful. She looked like someone Wendy had never seen before.

"My name is Alana." The woman said with a sweet, angelic voice. 

"My name is Wendy." 

"Come sit by me." Wendy did as she was told, almost memorized by this woman.

"Peter told me that there are no other girls in Neverland." Wendy said.

The woman laughed, "Well, I am not exactly a girl." Wendy heard a splash and saw a blue tale appear from behind the woman. 

"You're a mermaid!" Wendy gasped with amazement.

Alana laughed, "Yes, I am."

"I-I've never met a mermaid. I mean, I've read about them in stories but I...oh my gosh, I'm talking to a real life mermaid!" Wendy squealed as she examined the beautiful creature.

Alana laughed in a sing-song, almost perfect way. "Wendy, would you like to be a mermaid?"

"I've only ever dreamed about it for all my life." Wendy said excitedly. 

Alana swam up closer to her, "I could teach you. I could help you become a mermaid."

"You...you can't be serious. Can you really?"

Alana nodded, "All you have to do...is come into the water."

Alana slowly grabbed Wendy's hand and went to put it in the water. Wendy allowed her to do so, feeling like she was in some kind of trance.

"Get away from her. She's not coming with you!" 

Wendy was suddenly in Peter's arms as he held her away from the water. Alana's beauty faded away into a hideous sea creature as she shrieked at Peter and dove away farther into the lagoon. Wendy watched Alana swim farther away until she made eye contact with Peter. Their eyes locked on to one another, with their faces only inches apart. Wendy never realized how incredibly striking his bright green eyes were. Suddenly, she was pushed to the ground. She huffed and looked up at him with annoyance.

"I'm sick of you always pushing me to the ground!" She exclaimed.

"Well, maybe if I didn't have to save you every five seconds, I wouldn't have to push you."

"Okay, but still-"

"What were you thinking? You should know not to go with the mermaids. They're dangerous!"

"I didn't know that! I thought...I don't know what I was thinking. I-"

"Never come here alone again. Do you understand?"

Wendy sighed, "Yes, I understand."

Peter let out a sigh himself and made his way back into the woods.

"Thank you."

Peter stopped in his tracks. He slowly turned to Wendy.

"What did you say?"

A fearful look came over Wendy's face, "I-I was just saying thank you...for saving my life."

Peter's heart dropped. He hadn't been shown true respect from Wendy since she arrived. He also hadn't been thanked for anything for as long as he could remember. This girl really was kind. Kinder than anyone else he had ever met. She didn't belong on this island, not with him and his boys, but he knew he had to find out what sort of magic was in her.