Wow. No wonder they were so close. I spent a few minutes picturing the two as toddlers playing together. Would little Silas have been putting out fires that little North started? I had read that psychic talents show up in kids early on.

"How old were you when you first started using your talent?" I asked, curious.

North grunted and replied, "According to my father, my parents gave up on infant coverings since I kept lighting the clothes on fire."

I laughed aloud at the thought of 'liar, liar, pants on fire' and the image of toddler North running around naked. My traitorous mind instantly turned to the memory of a very naked current-aged North waking up when Nathan and I were going to his apartment for breakfast. My amusement turned into a flush of desire. I decided to steer the conversation back to Ghost's presence around the rest of Fourth Squad.

"So, what about the others? Will they be okay with Ghost around?" I asked him.

"Yes, it will take some getting used to, but they will adjust. For you, they will," he replied and put his arm around me reassuringly. I shivered when a cooler gust of wind blew in from the side and he ushered us inside. I carried Ghost, once again invisible, into the building and we headed toward the residential hall. It was time for my boys to officially meet her.
******
Interface Channel: Group

No: @All- family meeting in ten joden...btw,
Idiot 1 and 2- get that air cleanser working in my apartment now...Sang and I are headed there now and it still stinks from the farting contest you two had earlier.

L: Hey, Si was in on it as well!

No: don't care...you started it

Na: What did you two eat? That was like four kasse ago!

G: Raven challenged us to eat some North Kolarian meat pie...it was nasty shit

Si: is Aggele mou hungry? Should I get food?

K: Vic and I have meals covered. Nate, come help carry?

Na: sure....meet you at dining hall

O: Ista Green and I have a prior engagement. Anything we need to know?....other than a report on flatulence?

G: Lol...did Blackbourne just make a joke?

V: I am speechless.

O: I am quite adept at witty repartee...Is that not so, Ista Green?

Se: sure...a humor machine...

Na: I just can't even....hahaha

No: we will update you later...almost there...is the room clear yet?!

L: YES!!

G: almost, still need to get your underwear off the couch...The ones that say 'hot stuff'

No: What underwear?...I don't wear any.

V: uh...TMI

Si: must be mine...I will take care of it....actually, maybe Aggele mou would like me to model them for her...

G: Oy! Fuck no.

K: North, please end this transmission.

Transmission ended.

*********

When we first entered the main room of North and Silas' apartment the air smelled rather sterile. Now, with all the boys here it was a light mix of all the various scents I associated with each of them.  Moss and berries for Victor, ocean for Silas, sweet spice for Kota, leather for Nathan, Luke's vanilla and a floral mix of Gabriel, and a slight musk for North.  It was comforting, like a warm blanket on a chilly night. 

The boys had mixed reactions at the sight of me cradling the Ionoth cat in the sitting area.  Some curious, others wary.  But no one was hostile, which I was grateful for.

"Her name is Ghost," I said, smiling. "It's best to offer her your hand so she can scent you, then you can pet her."

Victor came over first and calmly reach out a hand.  Ghost have him a sniff and seemed to show her approval by dipping her head for an ear scratch.  Victor wore a grin and my heart warmed. 

"Thank you, Victor," I whispered.

"You're welcome, Princess," he replied, then moved away for someone else to greet Ghost.

The introductions were going really well.  Gabriel and Luke both held Ghost and enthusiastically played with her.  Nathan got a friendly bat of the paw, but was equally enchanted by her charm.  She honored Silas by cuddling in his lap for the entirety of the dinner meal. We talked a little about pets on Earth and animals on Kolar.  The boys peppered me with questions on how to care for Ghost. I was beaming, so happy that they were accepting her.

After we finished eating and started cleaning up,  Kota, who had held back earlier, decided to take his turn meeting Ghost.  Despite watching her interactions with the others, he still seemed apprehensive.  I suppose it was this nervous energy that Ghost picked up on because at his approach she hissed and scurried off into North's room. Poor Kota. He shot me a bewildered look. 

I just shrugged and said, "Give it time. She may come around when you feel more comfortable with her presence."

Kota nodded, but I think he was secretly relieved to not have to touch the Ionoth cat.  And who knows? Maybe, he's just more of a dog-person.