CHAPTER ONE

Another loud bang ringed my ears. A shower of wood splinters pelted me. I crouched low. My arms on my head in attemp to safeguard myself from shrapnels. Looming figures entered the room and their presence made my chest constrict. Words are not enough to describe their grotesque appearance. Their towering height added to their hideous faces. Their eyes a frightful shade of blood red. Their eyes rimmed with dark, heavy circles and there's pallor to their skin - an almost bruised quality to it. Their pointed teeth glistened between their lips. Teeth that looks as though it is made to tear flesh - to kill. Their eyes reflected blood lust; the urge to torture and kill. Ready to strike at any moment.

One of them grabbed me by the neck. I flailed and kick. My hands enclosed the pendant my mom gave me minutes ago. His hands seem to burn on my skin and the rigidness of his grip and mascular arms suggested his power. Power that in any moment now would crush me to death like a tiny insect. He lifted me off my feet and the welcoming arms of death embraced me slowly as I struggled for breath. And I saw another one pick up the sword that killed my mom. The blade smeared with her blood. Then he handed the sword to the one still holding my neck. He raised the sword and it seem to come to life. Greenish flames danced around the blade and it seem to be pulsing. Hungry for blood.

I knew what was coming. I closed my eyes. If only I could escape his grip.

I felt the pendants warmth against my palm. The next thing I knew, I felt like falling through endless space. I heard a thud as my bottom hit the ground. To my surprise and confusion, I found myself on the ground floor. I scanned my surroundings and not long after, I heard heavy footsteps on the stairs. To the sound of it, they're running. I ran for the front door. Locked. I tried to search for anotheer way out. But the windows are cover in thick sheets of metal. I tried to push the door again. But it's no use. Finally, they reached the bottom of the stairs and one one then shouted:

"SEIZE HIM!"

They all charged forward towards me. I gathered all my strength and curled my fists into a tight ball. I punched the front door. I was surprised to see my hand went throught the like it was a holographic image. I knew. It was my only chance. I ran through the door like it was nothing. And I was outside the house. I heard thuds which meant that they could not pass through the door just like I did. Without looking back, I ran for my life into the thick trees. With my newfound power, I passed easily amongst the thickness of trees. I can pass through solid matter. I continued running until I was exhausted. I heard rushing of water not far from where I was. If only I could reach it, I would have better chancese for escape. Hopefully, the river would take me to the open sea.

I almost crawled in exhaustion as I tried to reach the bank as fast as my feet would carry me then I saw it - the river water shimmering in the bright moonlight. Then I heard the sound of men running. They caught up with me.

I saw them but I continued to run towards the bank. The river was only about fifty meters away when they started to fire their blasters. Flashes of red light danced earound my feet and one hit my left leg. The pain was excruciating. Like white-hot daggers were stuck in where it hit me. I crumbled to the ground in pain. I continued to crawl while they still fired at me. When I reached the bank, I heaved myself to the water and the fast currents carried me deeper. I was spinning and all I see is darkness. My lungs burned as I run out of oxygen. Then everything went blank.