~31~

Well.. first of all, the chapter didn't turn out as expected as this chapter only contains the haldi ceremony and turned out to be really long like 1000+ words

Anika and Kaina fell on the sofa with a bowl full of pop-corn.

"I can't imagine that in three days you'll be married.." Kaina trailed off as she rested her head on Anika's shoulder.

"And what about you? When are you planning to gift chachu and chachi with a son-in-law?" Anika asked.

"Cutiepie you very well know my relationship with them.. please, stop linking them with me. In fifteen years, I've always been alone without them caring about me! I can spend a lifetime without them, and that's exactly what I'm planning to do."

"What do you mean?" Anika asked holding her cousin's hand.

"I didn't announce it yet to bade papa nor badi maa but.. maasi gifted me a flat. She said her and mom used to live there and she decided to give it to me.."

"Please don't take it bad but I think that Bhavya aunty wants to separate you from us!"

"Don't talk rubbish about Maasi! She's the only one caring about me!"

"If she cares so much, she would have tried to put some senses in your mind regarding chachu and chachi." Annika said Kaina got up in anger.

"You will never understand."

"You're wrong. I understand. I understand that you want your papa back.. I understand that you miss your mom.. but what you don't understand is that time passes so fast and a day will come when chachu or chachi will leave us forever and this Kaina.. This time you will regret getting angry.. this time you will really feel alone.." Anika said and left in her room, leaving a crying Kaina in the living-room.

She looked down in tears and walked to her parents' room. She was meters away from the door but she could hear Paro's cries.

"Please Karan, let me go.. please, I'm done suffering like this.. let Yash and me  go.." Paro cried.

"I can't afford to lose you two as well Paro.." Karan said.

Kaina left the place all confused.

Next morning everyone was all stressed, Kaina was nowhere to be seen, Anika and her mother were with Rhea to try on the wedding clothes and all maids were rushing here and there for the haldi ceremony.

In Oberoi mansion, the maids had never seen Saumya that tensed. She was running here and there to get everything ready for the haldi.

"Saumya!" Rudra carried her against her chest as she was running past him. Even though they were already in their forties, he liked to romance with his wife, after all he had twenty years of cold war to erase.

"Not now Rudy!" Saumya answered and kissed his cheek.

"At least have your medicine." Rudra answered and gave her the medicine. She took them then smiled at him.

"Happy?"

"A lot!" Saumya walked away and laughed to herself. Caring Rudra was the best version of her hubby.

"Is the turmeric paste ready?" Malika asked while Anika was getting ready in her room. She was listening to the woman doing her hair as she was talking about her young days when her phone rang. 'Billu' she read. She picked the call and smiled.

"Shivaay." She whispered and she swore she could hear his smile.

"How are you jaan?" He asked.

"I'm excited.." She blushed. "What about you my soon-to-be pati parmeshwar?"