Prologue

"Dev buddy, where are you?!" -a young guy yelled over the phone.

"Just behind you bro." -Dev replied.

The boy turns to find his friend giving him a cheeky grin while the latter glared him.

"What kind of host are you? Who comes late at their own party?"

"Yaar Rey sorry, got stuck in some work?"

"And that work must be Nikki, right? Yaar what's wrong with you, you should give her space alright. Your her brother so be like one don't behave like a strict father."

"Chuck it. What's sup, where are Nikhil, Saurabh & their girlfriends that were suppose to show up tonight."

"The answer to your question is over there." -he said pointing towards the corner of the party hall.

"Dude what are you doing with my girl?"

"Your girl? She's my girlfriend, we are dating from past 8 weeks."

"What nonsense, I have been dating her from past 9 weeks. You bastard, trying to steal her away from me."

"Hold on guys, I'm no ones girl. You guys don't owe me, I was just having fun."

"Means you were cheating us, two timing?"

"Why? Is there any rule book that girls can't cheat on boys. And besides, I didn't give any commitments to none of you so there's no point on fighting over me. We came to a party, so let's enjoy." -said the girl before hitting the dance floor leaving the two boys in a dilemma.

"Boy, that girl has done a big damage. She hunted two birds with one stone." -said Dev pitying on the boys.

"Big time. But these girls will never be able to beat the friendship between us."

Both hugged & walked up to bar counter for raising a toast in the name of their friendship.

***

Somewhere in the city, a girl was reading her favorite romantic novel when suddenly her door burst open.

"Sona! Sona! Tui bhabte parbi na ki khobor peyechi! [You won't believe what news I have got!]."

"Ki hoyeche joldi bol. [What happened say it fast.]"

"We have got admission in our dream college, St-Xavier's!!"

"Eek! Shotti Kiru [Really Kiru?!]"

"Yes babe!! Is it amazing?"

"Of course! It's fabulous!"

Both kept jumping on their beds in excitement & soon sat back.

"See we get everything what we like & our taste is the same."

"Right, our taste is always similar and what if we both fall in love with the same guy?"

"Yes. No no no. Same type of guy will be OK but not the same guys."

"Na hole golpo te twist eshe jabe! [Otherwise there will come a twist in the story!]" -both said on the same time and laughed off with a pillow fight.

"We will be soon leaving Kolkata Kiru, don't know what will Dehli be like?"

"However it will be we will make it like our own city."

Both smiled while hugging and later both fell asleep forgetting all their worried for future.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cover credits to Tapshi_kriyaansh for the perfect edit!

Thanks to all my readers for completing the target & appreciating this book.

Hope you guys enjoyed the Prologue & the Bengali touch in the story. Do shower your love by clicking the star above, leaving your reviews down below & sharing this story with other readers. Next update will be on Thursday, 18 January till then keep reading other Kriyaansh/Devakshi FF stories. LOVE YOU ALL KRIYAANSH/DEVAKSHI FANS!

Target: 35 votes

Happy Makar Sankranti to you all!!

@SarafWasima