"Don't try to influence her." Rania snapped at him. She turned and looked down at Calypso. All traces of annoyance drained from her face and she bent down to her daughter's level. Rania smiled sweetly at the girl, "I can't believe how fast you're growing up. You're going to have the best time no matter where you end up."

        "Thanks, Mum." Calypso said. She hugged Rania and her mum turned to Ophelia who carefully maneuvered out of the hug Rania tried to give her.

        "You'll make us proud." Icarus said to Calypso before the girls boarded the train.

         "Can I sit with you and your friends?" Calypso asked as the train pulled out of the station. Even though she was excited, she also felt extremely nervous. What if the people didn't like her? What if she didn't make any friends?

         "Why don't you try meeting someone in your year, Cal?" Ophelia asked with a slight frown. She wanted her sister to go out and make friends of her own instead of sticking by her side. "I'm sure there will be some first years who don't know anyone either. Maybe Evan's around here somewhere."

         Calypso looked at her sister apprehensively but braved a face and waved her off. She suspected that Evan Rosier would rather sit alone than sit with her. He didn't like her much, not since she accidentally burned off his eyebrows when they were five. Ever since then he steered clear from her, which was too bad since he was the only other first year she knew.

        Calypso peeked into the compartments, clutching one of the three books she brought to read on the train. She stood on her tiptoes to take a peek at who was inside. She saw two boys chatting with one another like they were best friends, but they looked nice enough. In fact, one of the boys looked familiar! He was related to Narcissa — though she didn't know how — but she had seen him at Bellatrix Black and Rodolphus Lestrange's wedding over the summer holidays. On the other side of them was a girl with fiery red hair seated beside a boy that was lanky with greasy black hair.

          Calypso took a deep breath to calm her nerves and opened the compartment door. The talking boys turned to look at her, ceasing conversation immediately, and the girl glanced in her direction. Calypso's face went red from embarrassment.

          "Er — can I sit here?" She asked, scratching the back of her neck.

          The boy that responded to her had untidy dark hair and hazel eyes that were covered by glasses.

          "Sure," He shrugged. She let out the breath she had been holding and sat down beside the boy she thought she recognized. The first thing she noticed about him was that he had really nice hair and striking grey eyes. There was an air of mischievousness to both of the boys. "What's your name? I'm James Potter, this is Sirius Black. We just met."

          "I'm Calypso Krane." Calypso introduced. James and Sirius exchanged a glance with one another, recognizing the name instantly. Calypso wasn't all that surprised. While her father was famous for his philanthropic work and her mother was a Philosopher, her family name was what people recognized immediately.

          The Krane's were one of the pureblood families included in Cantankerous Nott's Pure-blood Directory. Calypso's great-great-great grandfather, Hephaestus Krane, was also the Minister of Magic that established the Knight Bus; there had been a few other Ministers in her line, paired with Potioneers, Quidditch players, actors, authors, and all sorts of other professions. The Krane's were a successful family with power that rivaled the Malfoys which was why her father held her to such high standards.

          "Well, Calypso," James said. "What house do you think you'd be sorted in?"

           "My father wants me to be a Slytherin, but my mum doesn't mind what house I get put in." Calypso explained. James turned his nose up at the mention of Slytherin. Calypso pursed her lips thoughtfully, wondering what house she'd want to be in. "I think I'd want to be in Ravenclaw."