"I'm sorry you have to see me again. If you need me to do something to show how sorry I am—"

"Nah." Oikawa gave him a smirk, though it was more tired and weary than anything else. "I've already forgiven you. Besides..." He looked over to where Naoko had come down the stairs, entering the kitchen to check on Sumire. "If you never came back... I wouldn't have ever met her. So I guess some good came out of it."

Tadashi followed his gaze, his eyes widening in realization. "Naachan. The day I confessed and you said... She... she's the one that you have feelings for."

"Took you long enough," Oikawa said lightly. "Obliviousness really runs through your family, huh?"

Tadashi chuckled. "Well—"

Sumire and Naoko came back with the popcorn, the latter holding a large bowl of popcorn that would later be shared between all four of them.

"Oh, great," Sumire said, smiling. "You're opening the presents now. Have you opened mine yet?"

"I've opened Makki's only," Tadashi admitted. "He got me a new pair of volleyball shoes."

"Funny, because I opened Mattsun's," Oikawa chimed in. "He's a little more on the... artistic side... got you a few scented candles."

"Neat," Sumire said as she too started to open the gifts. On the television, the menu for Pacific Rim had opened, the cursor on the 'play' option. "So presents or movie first?"

"The rest can wait," Oikawa decided for Tadashi, getting up and plopping himself back in his original spot on the sofa. "Press play already!"

Tadashi did so just as Sumire squeezed between Tadashi and Oikawa, grinning broadly as she snuggled into both of them. Oikawa had to shift to the left a bit to accomodate her. At last, Naoko took the last spot at the end of the couch, on Oikawa's left. Had she been any bigger, she wouldn't have fit.

It was a bit of a squeeze, fitting all four of them on a single couch, but it was comfortable and warm.

The movie began to play.

It was already late when they had gotten back to the Makoshima home, and they had just spent the day having fun at an amusement park, so Tadashi and Sumire fell asleep halfway through the movie, Sumire's head resting on Oikawa's right shoulder and Tadashi having haphazardly propped his head on his palm, his elbow on the armrest.

"One of the main characters happens to be called Mako too," Oikawa commented quietly into Naoko's ear. "What a coincidence..."

"Mm," Naoko muttered, noncommittal. "I... don't understand why Tadashi likes this so much."

"Are you kidding? Have you seen the fight scenes? They're epic!"

"Keep your voice down," Naoko whispered, her eyes flicking to the sleeping Sumire and Tadashi. The former groaned slightly in her sleep before readjusting her position. "And, fine, I'll concede that, but... I still don't see the appeal."

"Maybe it's because you're a boring grandma," Oikawa teased before yawning, getting a little sleepy himself.

"Hah? Grandma?" She frowned at him. "How am I a grandma? I'm younger than you are, grandpa."

"Your way of thinking." Oikawa thought of the times where she had babied her siblings and yelled at Midori for not crossing the road safely. Yep, she was definitely an old soul. "You're ancient, Mako-chan, admit it."

Naoko gave him a frosty look. "Keep talking, I dare you. I'm in the perfect position to knee you in the balls."

"Ack! Resorting to physical violence now? I—" He felt something hard nearing his crotch and cringed. "Fine, fine! Don't be hasty now. I'll let you win this round." Oikawa coughed. "Grandma."