•10•

I'm back.

•••

Mike

Mike sighed deeply. He looked around the eager faces of his peers.
He looked at his friends, their mouths were handing open in shock a hint of somewhat disappointment in their eyes.

He looked into the face of Troy.

His ears were ringing as if the world had gone silent around him, it had muted the chants of the students gathering to see the show, a good mornings entertainment to start of their days.
The only thing he could hear above all the silence, was the small sniffles and hums of his friend, who was no where to be seen.

"You gonna fight me Wheeler? Or what?"

Mike was snapped out of his daze by this, suddenly the realisation hit him, he was about to engage in a fist fight with Troy Harrington, the boy who had tortured him for all of his school years.
Mike felt his throat tighten but spoke clearly.

"Yeah, let's get this over with."

Troy smirked, "Ya know, it's funny, cause you say that like a freak like you is actually gonna kick my ass, you really that confident, frog face? Or are you just here fighting for your little fairy boyfri-"

Mike punched Troy in the face.

This earned an immediate reaction from the now rapidly growing crowd.

Mike breathed heavily through his nose and shook out his hand, he felt more rage than he had ever in his whole life.
Troy's eyes reflected his rage, he stood up, his hand on his nose. His hand covered in blood.
Mike would be lying if he said he didn't feel a burning in his wrist.

"Go on, Troy! Beat him up!" Someone shouted from the crowd, Dustin turned in the direction of the voice and flipped them off.

Troy charged at mike, a battle cry raging through his throat.

But Mikes mind was else where, he was thinking back to a tv show he had seen, his dad was watching it until he fell asleep, almost setting the house on fire after reluctantly agreeing to help Karen, Mikes mother, cook dinner for once. The scene was a fight scene, one of the most awesome things he had seen ever, unless you count some of the stuff in his comic books. There was a tactic that the good guy used to beat the bad guy, a smart one, not requiring any strength or power at all.

So when Troy charged at him and was barely 2 feet away, Mike dodged the hell out of him.
Troy landed flat on his face.
Mike pounced.

Mike grabbed Troy by the bag and flipped him over, then started beating him as hard as possible round the face.
He punched Troy one time.
Two times.
Three times.
Four times.
Six times.
Seven times.
Until he stopped, as the pulsing of his heart beat had left his ears, replaced by the screeching voice of his sister.
"Mike!" She shouted, for what appeared to be the ten hundredth time.
Mike looked up at his sister, his hands shaking in the effort of punching Troy, who had both hands clasped to his nose in pain, so much.

Mike looked around the crowd of bystanders. They all appeared shocked.
He looked to his friends.

They were gone.

"Stay away from Will," mike leant down and spat into Troy's ear, "asshole.".
The crowd was left in stunned silence, watching as he turned as walked away, his sister watching alongside.
She had a pained expression on her face.

A knowing one.

•••

It was not until Micheal had walked through the doors of the school that he realised what he had just done, what a scene he had caused, what chaos he created.
He had nearly beaten the shit out of Troy.
He finally stood up for himself, he finally stood up for his friends, after years of torment he had fought back- well effectively.
Mike shook out his shaking fists and walked down the hall, his bag shuffling up and down against his green coat, protecting him from the cold mornings chill. The morning he punched Troy round the face.