Chapter 1

Kenzie's POV

I can't believe Hannah did this, we are going to L.A. for my birthday! I've wanted to visit L.A. for the longest time, and now with all the money we've gotten from our YouTube channel, we finally can go.
-flashback kinda just to give you some info on everything-

You and Hannah started your YouTube channel when you were 15, you both loved making videos and thought it would be fun to give YouTube a try. After three years on YouTube. You have 5 million subscribers on your joined channel where you do challenges and other fun stuff. You both also have separate channels where you vlog. (You both have about 2 million subscribers on your personal channels). All you both wanna do is move to L.A. where you will have more opportunities in life. But all though you get a lot of money from YouTube you don't wanna leave your families. You decide to leave that decision for later after your birthday.

-back to present time-

You and Hannah both go home and pack for L.A.

"I can't believe I'm really going to L.A.! This is gonna be the best birthday ever!" I said to my sister, Paige.

"Yeah, I wish I could come but I can't bring Emma (Emma is her 2 month old baby. Paige is 24 btw) to L.A. especially since she's on 2 months old." Paige says with a sad face.

"I wish you could come too, I wish Mom could come as well, but she's too busy with work. I'm glad she's letting me go especially since it's just me and Hannah going." I said to Paige as I finished packing.

"Mackenzie, you are 18 now, well technically you'll be 18 tomorrow, but my point is: you can take care of yourself. You and Hannah are both very responsible." Paige told me looking me straight in my bright blue eyes.

"I know, it's just...it's scary to think Hannah and I will be in L.A. without anyone. We know no one in L.A." I said feeling more scared than I thought I was.

"You'll be fine. Also, I thought Haydn lived in L.A.?" She asked me confused.

"He does, but I'd rather not see him." I said to Paige feeling a little uncomfortable.

Haydn is my ex boyfriend. We broke up like 4 months ago, we are friends kinda but not close friends. Also it's just gonna be really awkward if I see him. I hear my phone beep, so I grab it out of my pocket and look at who texted me.

Hannah : hey, are you almost packed?
Me: yeah. You?
Hannah : yeah, I'm finished. Also don't forget, we have to be at the airport by 6am so we don't miss our flight.
Me: I won't forget. I PROMISE.
Hannah : okay now I'm going to go to bed now so I can get up early enough in the morning.
Me: it's only like 9pm.
Hannah : I know but I have to wake up at at least 5am so I can get ready and have time to say bye to my mom and Dad before we leave.
Me: okay. I guess I should get to sleep too, I'll text you when I wake up. Byeeeeee
Hannah : byeeeee

"I'm going to go to sleep so I can get up early tomorrow morning." I yell to Paige.

"Ok goodnight. I'll be here at 5:30am to say bye." She yells as she walks to the kitchen to grab her keys and leave.

"Ok bye." I yell after her.

-the next morning-

I wake up at 5am, get dressed, put on a little makeup, and text Hannah to tell her I'm awake. We agreed to meet at the airport at 5:45am so I had about 20 minuets to say bye to my mom, Dad, and my sister.

"I'll see you guys in two weeks. Love you guys." I say to them.

"Have fun in L.A. honey." My Mom tells me

"No drinking and no smoking either." My Dad tells me, even though he knows I won't.

"Love you sis, have a fun 18th birthday!" My sister says as she hugs me.

"Love you guys and I won't Dad." I say to them.

I get in Hannah's car and we drive to the airport.

-at the airport-

We check in and give the flight attendant our tickets. Luckily we are seated next to each other. I text my mom as soon as we lift off and I tell her we are taking off or whatever.
I can't wait to land in L.A.! Maybe I'll meet some other you tubers. I think to myself as we are on the air flying to L.A.

I hope you guys like the first chapter to my first book! I will update as soon as so can! I will try to make it at least every other day. Thanks for reading the first chapter and tell me what you think of it by commenting or something lol ilygsm!! Byeeee ❤️✌️