To Find The Hidden

The cave was eerily silent after patrol. Robin and Alfred had vanished upstairs long ago, but Batman, he stayed. The faint fluttering of bats wings and the silent hum of machines could be heard echoing off the cavern walls. It was the haunting yet peaceful atmosphere that Batman had come to love.

Bruce wandered around aimlessly, checking the usual hiding spots of his eldest son. Dick had shown up at the manor about a week ago, claiming he had time off from work. Bruce had seen through the lie right away, but didn't bring it up. He was allowing Dick to approach him on his own. However, now that Bruce looked back on it, that probably hadn't been the best idea.

They'd run into the Joker on patrol tonight. The crazed man had, of course, laid out a complex trap for them, and Nightwing had been caught in it. It wasn't one of his usual traps though. Bruce wasn't sure how it was different, but by the way Nightwing had acted after his rescue, it was bad.

Bruce paused in his search and sighed heavily, "Dick?" he called softly, "You here?"

He waited a few minutes, straining his ears to pick up the smallest sound. Nothing. Not the scratching sound of hands against rock, nor the soft 'pat' of graceful footsteps. Not even a ghost of a breath could be heard. Nothing but a haunting silence.

It was time, Bruce decided, to resort to more drastic measures. He hated taking advantage of Dick like this, but it was the only way. He reached behind his back and grabbed a box of cereal. If this didn't work, he didn't know what else would.

He held the cereal -a box of cheerios- loosely in front of him, allowing his eyes to roam the dark cave. It was a dangerous thing, calling Dick by cereal. One needed to be quick and agile, else they be tackled to the floor, painfully.

However, Bruce was ready. He gripped the box tightly, shook it three times, and listened as the sound bounced around the empty cave. It wouldn't be long now.

His muscles tensed as he heard a soft scrape behind him, but he didn't move. Instead, he pushed the cereal further out in front of him, hoping to deter Dick away from his body.

It was silent only a moment longer before breath was forced from Bruce's lungs. He stumbled forward slightly and bent his knees, fixing his center of gravity. Legs were now wrapped around his waist and arms were reaching over his shoulders. Dick was on his back.

Bruce reached behind him, allowing the cereal to be snatched from his hand. He waited patiently and listened as the box was shredded and the bag torn open. Bruce spoke up only when he heard the crunch of Dick chewing.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Bruce asked hesitantly, tilting his head towards Dick.

The chewing stopped and Bruce felt a hand rest on his head.

"Yeah," Dick mumbled, his voice muffled by the copious amount of cereal that he'd yet to swallow.

"I'd like that."

======LineBreak

Hello! This will be a book of my Tumblr requests. I thought I'd share them with you all. Feel free to ask if you want any to be continued. I'll gladly add chapters!

Let me know what you think!

Till next time,

Rachel

(PS. The first two fics are pretty short, but the others will be longer)