Introduction

Eijun will lose. I could tell.

I sat at the bleachers, watching him pitch the ball and missing the glove completely.. if only he had proper training. My smile faded and grief struck me. What his Jr. High School could've benefited from this win wasn't much.. Eijun even tried his very best.

''MATCH OVER! NARUSHIMA JR. HIGH WINS!" Blared the announcements. Eijun looked at me, fat tears rolling down his cheeks and snot drooling from his nose, 'I lost' was the expression on his face, 'I failed my teammates..'

"Hey you, get in line" said the referee, the teammates from the other team scoffed at Eijun. "Hurry up and get in line!" The coach scolded.

While they were lining up, he hadn't budged from his spot, "Hey.. Eijun.." Wakana said, she was in line as well, waiting for him to stand by her side. She walked closer to see the tears that were pathetically running down his face. "Ei.." she trailed off. Everyone kept muttering under their breath, waiting for him to line up.

My brother is such a drama queen..

"Sorry everyone.. I-I wanted to take all of you with me against the whole country.." Eijun apologised. A lone tear trailed down my cheek as I watched the scene.. Oh Eijun..

I felt someone sit by me, "Eiko-chan, you shouldn't cry over such matters" peeped the man beside me, I looked at him briefly, "Ne, old men shouldn't be too close to young girls if they don't want to be called Per-verts." I retorted defiantly.

"I wouldn't- I would never violate my baby sister" he choked, as though the thought itself disgusted him. ".. so you say.." I trailed, getting up.

Someone shouted, I turned to the source - A FIGHT?!

I looked away once.. and this happens??

Turning to the man beside me, it was clear we had similar features, but I liked my life the way it is... "Ossan, I don't know what you want from me.. but I'm been doing fine" I stated, about to walk down the stairs. "Eiko, our sister.. Hanabi.. she did gymnastics as well - it's not gonna end well for you" he said, firmly. I rolled my eyes, "Is that your way of scaring me into getting what you want?" I asked.

He kissed his teeth in annoyance, "Well, whatever.. I'm not gonna tell you then. You'll find out the hard way" he said, taking out a phone and setting it between us. "It's a private line, call me when you need it" he said, taking big steps down the bleachers to leave quickly.

That man must be really rich.. but then again.. those people were rich as well.

-

A year later...

"Eiko my baby girl.. are you sure you want to go through this? We could- we could pay for your surgery" Mother said, cradling my head into her chest. Similar to Eijun, she had fat tears rolling down her cheeks. The hospital gown was enough to keep me warm.. and yet, thinking about the sudden turn of events, it made me shiver. "Mama, I know.. I'm not your blood daughter," she gasped, "No Eiko.. you- you're my daughter, you.." she started crying harder. "You belong to us! Not those people!" She claimed.

I was lucky papa and grandpa wasn't here, if he were.. things would've gone out of hand.

"I remember you know.. when those people abandoned me," Mama stayed silent, instead, fearing what I was about to say next "-but I can't take advantage of your kindness for long, I want to spend the rest of my high school life with Eijun, y'know" I sniffled.

"My- my baby Eiko" Mama cried harder, "Mama, I'm not dying.." I peeped up. "BUT YOU WERE IN PAIN!" She exclaimed, making Papa burst in, "What is it?!" Papa looked around, making his pompadour hairstyle bob as he did. "Ne, Darling! Eiko wants to go to Tokyo! We're losing both of our children!" she claimed. My eyes widened, oh no I wanted to tell him myself!!

Oh dear.. this is going to be a rough week.

(okay, I don't really know when they lost, so I'm gonna pretend they lost in September (in Summer). So a year later, would be 6 months into Eijun's first year in high school.

EXAMPLE:

April 2017 to September 2017 is 1st semester.
October 2017 to March 2018 is 2nd semester.

Himura Eiko was adopted by the Sawamura family when she was 4. She's born on 31st December. But, they both celebrated their birthdays on the same day - on Eijun's birthday (per Eiko's request) which is on 15th May.