Chapter 1

Percy

I stood outside the school waiting for My mom's car to turn around the corner. Normally I would have taken the bus with my friends but today It was the last day of school, so Mom insisted on picking me up.  Dark clouds were gathering in the sky, but I didn't really notice them. I could only wait for her to take me to the beach where we always spent the first few days of our holidays.

My friends called their goodbyes.

"Hey Percy ! See ya after the holidays." Grover called. I turned to see my best friend about to climb the bus. I waved back and yelled. "yeah see you too. " Grover gave a final wave before stepping inside the bus. Behind him, Nancy Bobfit gave me an death glare. I did the only normal thing. I grinned back at her. Conner and Travis just waved, grins on their faces as they picked Nancy's pockets. Normally I would have stopped them, but she was an enemy and a bully , so I had nothing against it.

Thalia walked over to me gave me a hug. "Stay safe Percy......... and don't cause any trouble" She said. I looked at my cousin and frowned,

"I never get into trouble pine-cone "

"Yeah right." She pulled back and looked at me with her electric blue eyes. I gave her my best smile. "Don't worry ! I will be fine. See you in the vacations."

Thalia nodded but she looked worried. "See ya." She pinched my cheek and walked back to the bus. The driver started down the road. I turned back to the road and I spotted mom's car turn around the corner. I waved to her. Mom smiled and waved back.

And then It happened.

A mustang driving way over the speed limit burst out of the side street. It hit mom's Mazda at high speed, crushing the side of the car like a tin can. Broken glass and car parts flew in all directions. 

My heart leaped into my throat. My bag slipped from my back and I sprinted to the wreckage. A few men at the sidewalk quickly gathered around the wreckage. I pushed my way through them, tears blurring my vision. The wreckage was horrible. Mom's car was destroyed, Some men were trying  to free her body from the wreckage. I ran forward but a person stopped me.

"Percy come here."

"Let me go. That...... that's my....... mother.."

"I know Percy......" 

"Mom ! " I called in desperation, my voice cracking. The man holding my hand pulled me away. I looked up and could barely make out middle-aged person with brown hair, bushy eyebrows, intense brown eyes and a scruffy beard. He pulled me out of the circle as the Police and Ambulance arrived. They went to the wreckage. The person holding my arm bent down and pulled out a hankercheif .

"Percy....." He started. just then an officer walked up to me. A hush grew over the crowd. Then I realized that everyone was looking at me.

"What's your name kid." The cop asked.

I wiped my tears away. "Percy...... Percy Jackson." Then I worked up the courage to ask the question I dreaded. "Is my mom okay ?"

The cop's eyes turned sympathic. "I am sorry Son. Your....... Your mother is Dead"

-End of dream-

shot out of my bed, cold sweat clunging to me. For a second I thought I was still at the scene. The dream had been so vivid. But it was old. 5 years to be exact. I glanced at the calender on my mobile.