Cat's Prints

You owned a cat that was very odd, it stood out in everything.

The right part of your kitten had deep black hair with golden nugget eyes and on the other hand, the left was in a hazel brown color with sharp green orbs.

Nonetheless of what others say about, you loved it very much with all your heart and so did Taron.

He was the very first person to accept your kitten with open arms and a large grin on his face like a maniac. It warmed your heart after meeting him because basically, your kitten was the reason you two crossed paths.

You smiled warmly as you remembered that special day, the day you met the cheeky guy of your life.

It was evening when you couldn't find your cat which made you worry of where it would be.

You traveled down the flight of stairs, calling out by its name and holding unto a piece of sardine, a typical way to lure balls of feline.

"Jellybean, here kitty kitty." You spoke out calmly so as to not awaken anybody who had gone to bed by the time the moon proudly floated on the air to cast light at night.

The clock struck ten, the radio announcing the time achieved you stayed up late. "Where are you." You rubbed your tired eyes with the long silky sleeve of your sleep wear, yawning in frustration and stretching your arms to try and stay awake.

"I can't afford to loose you." You mumbled at the verge of just sulking on the hallways of the condominium you had rented a room in. "Grandma gave you before she passed so please don't leave me too."

A laughter snapped you back to reality. Looking at where the sound had come from, you tiptoed to the area.

"Jellybean!" You exclaimed loudly and at that, you smacked a hand over your mouth with wide eyes.

A man with lovely brown hair and green eyes had been playing with the odd ball of fur, the kitten grabbing his fist and biting to try to hurt it and enclosing it around it's deadly embrace.

He looked at you with a faint smile and looked at the cat before looking at you again.

"I see you got your kitten lost? No worries ma'am, it's in good hands." He gently pulled his arm off the cat and scooped it up, then carried it to you.

"Thank you!" You sighed from relief and exhaustion, taking your pet back from the stranger and petting it's head.

"I wouldn't know what to do if I lost her." You smiled gently and looked up to see the kitten saver.

"I'm Y/n L/n. What's yours?"

He turned his attention back to you with a surprised look, but answered your question anyways.

"Taron Egerton milady. Hope to be acquainted with you or even become close friends." He bowed his head down to show respect.

Giggling at him, you bowed your head a little to show your politeness with closed eyes.

"I hope to see you soon."

"Me too."

That was a year ago, now recently he has been joining your rented room a little bit, time had gone by smoothly with him as your new friend.

He would constantly be your house sitter whenever you were away or went to run errands and he also took good care of the cat.

Your bond never grew thin to be perfectly honest, but you become more and more silent when he arrives, blabbering about things he did the whole day.

Why did you become shy around the brunette? Was it because every time you were near him, a feeling of self consciousness gnawed at the back of your head?

Ah yes, call it a little crush on him. It was hard not to anyways. His looks and persona can let any girl fall for him.

And now here you were, doing the same thing. "I hope Taron finds him soon." You mumbled as you checked on every part of your room to see if he was there.

"Y/n!" A loud voice boomed through the other room, making you hit your head on the desk. You cursed inwardly before running out of the place to check up on the boy.

"Y- yeah?" You stammered.

"Look." He turned on his heel with a dorky smile on his face. "He's gotten good at hide n' seek." He laughed aloud.

The lovely velvet guitar that had no more strings he was holding had dirty cat's footprints on it, a little kitten head popping out of the hole.

It mewed at you, making you run to it and gently taking the ball of fur out of its hiding place and giggling out of joy.

"Stop running away from me!" You scolded the cat, who in return, just licked its nose. "Gosh, I can't stay mad at you." You huffed taking a seat on the couch while petting you cat.

You closed your eyes. Feeling someone else's on you made you uncomfortable. "Hey Taron?"

"Yeah?"

"Could you stop staring?"

"O- oh right." He chuckled embarrassingly while you felt the coach dip to let you know he sat. Yet, he still didn't stop gazing.

"Y/n?"

"Y- yeah?" His voice was serious this time, making you squeak out.

"Have I ever told you..."

"Told me what Taron?"

"That I.... Ermm.." Now yiy felt worried. He was never the one to stutter in occasions with you.

You looked directly at him, noticing his orbs never met yours.

"You okay buddy?"

"Yeah..." He trailed off, still not looking at you.

"Then why aren't you looking at me?"

He sighed out before locking his gaze on you. The look on his eyes was now filled with determination and uneasiness.

"I like you."

"Wh- what?"

His face burned when he heard you. Gosh you were so adorable right now with the way you couldn't get your words right and the way how your face was tinted pink.

"I-" his voice quivering.

"l- like you Y/n. Always have. Ever since..... I met you actually. Your eyes, persona.... Heck when we became friends I already wanted to confess to you." He silenced after seeing your frozen face.

"Sorry, I think I should go."

But before he could leave you hanging, your arm took him by the wrist. "Y- you didn't let me answer you dork."

Now, he noticed your beet red face. "I- I like you too genius. So would you want to-"

"Gladly. I'll be your boyfriend."

--------------------------------------------------

Too cheesy?