Chapter 16- "Final Countdown"- Part 1

Start from the beginning

But knowing Clarissa, and how she is dead set until Adelina was dead, she had no other choice but to kill her.

Sometimes life didn't you many options, and at times when life gave you apples instead of lemons, you and up with Apple sauce instead of Apple juice.

Adelina shook her head and sighed, she was starting to feel a little sleepy, but there's no way she could fall asleep, not when she was on her way home, and in disguise.

Instead of leaning and, and letting sleep seduce her, she started to imagine what life was going to be like once Clarissa was gone.

The only problem, as much as she liked to imagine, she knew that the scenarios made up in her head would never compare to what takes place in reality. And although she sometimes wished that what she imagined could become reality, it was never the case.

Nevertheless, Adelina let her mind wander, while she battled to keep her eyes open.

Meanwhile Demitrey was extremely happy and thankful that he was able to talk to his mate, until now he didn't know how much he missed her, needed her, and wanted her.

He couldn't wait to have her back. He was going to claim her and make her his forever. He didn't have to wait any longer. He knew who he wanted, and that was Adelina. He didn't care how long it took, he'd be patient until she was ready to be with him, he wasn't going to rush it, but she was going to be known as his.

His Luna, his Queen, his Love.

Demitrey stood up from his bed, and headed out.

Once he reached the yard, he couldn't help but feel proud of his pack. They have fought courageously, and everyone played their part without complaint.

It was time for the women and children to go back inside. He looked over at his right, and there his heart melted. He saw Kade and Cilia.

He pulled her into his arms and kissed her softly, then he bent down on one knee and kissed the little bump that started to show on her stomach.

She giggle and slapped his shp ulder but nevertheless looked at him with such love and admiration, it was beautiful.

He couldn't wait to have that with Adelina.

"You will. Just be patient." Came a voice next to him.

He slightly jumped but then composed himself, and looked over at Selena with a smile.

"Thank you." Said Demitrey sincerely.
"Why?" Asked Selene.
"For allowing Adelina and I to communicate." Said Demitrey.

Selene chuckled and shook her head then said "Alpha Demitrey, that wasn't me, it was the bond that you guys share. You desperately needed each other, so yoiu reached out to each other. I had nothing to do with it. My job is to steer you in the right direction, nothing more."
"Well, I thank you anyways." Said Demitrey, then he added "you're sure everything is going to be fine for me and Adelina?"
"Is that what you want?" Asked Selene.
"More than anything." Admitted Demitrey.
"Then I'm positive that you will do everything in your power yo make that so. Now, get ready, the final countdown has begun." Said Selene, and of course before Demitrey could turn and ask her what she meant, Selene was gone.

Adelina's was starting to bob around on her neck as she tried to battle sleep's sweet whisper.

"My, my, it seems you need a bit of company to keep you up." Came a voice, startling Adelina to wake her up for now.

She blinked a few times to make sure she saw right, there Selene sat facing her with her signature warm smile.

How Selene managed to fit into the back of this car, Adelina couldn't figure it out.

"Selene, what are you doing here?" Whispered Adelina.
"Waking you up. I'm here to tell you that you need to make your mind up about whether you're going to go through with killing Clarissa or not. Because you're on your way home, and once you get there yoiu need to start living like a Luna instead of looking over your shoulder every second. So I need to know Adelina, will you do whatever it takes to protect yourself and this around you when the time comes?"

Adelina paused for a second, then she opened her mouth and said "I...'

______________________________________

Hey guys!

Yes! It's me! The Finesser of cliffhangers!

The cliffhangers have begun!

Dun! Dun! Duuuuunnn!

What did you guys think of this Chapter? Do you think Adelina will go through with killing Clarissa? And what do you think is going to happen next?

Let me know what you think by VOTING, COMMENTING, AND SHARING!

Lots of ❤❤❤

-Tania.