Shut Up and Let Me Go

Start from the beginning

Maybe my stomach just reacted out of hunger, I concluded to myself.

I closed my eyes as I welcomed the heat that was radiating off of him.

This felt so natural and right, I thought, maybe because it was that way for us two years ago.

However, that was a lifetime ago...

I should be yelling and fighting with him for leaving me a couple years ago. Then I should be demanding that he take me back home.

I shouldn’t be cuddling with him and allowing him to play with my hair. I shouldn’t be such a pansy.

At that mere thought I sat up and noted that controlling my eating habits wasn’t enough. I needed full control over myself. I can’t just lounge around with Colton ... I am supposed to be mad at him - mad that he left me...

“Where are you going?” Colton asked as I got up from the couch.

“Going to sleep, like I planned on doing before you practically forced me to come in here and watch this stupid game with you,” I spat as I stood up.

Colton reached over to the glass coffee table and grabbed the remote. He turned off the television and looked at me. “It is off. We can talk. I even have a few board games, if you are interested in that,” He suggested.

I shook my head, “I just want to go to sleep.”

His dark eyes studied me for a second before he gave a short nod. “Okay,” He got up from his spot on the couch. “Let me show you to-”

I raised my hand, with my palm facing him; I attempted to halt his steps. “You showed me where my room was earlier. I can make it back there, without your help.” With that said I turned on my heel and began to leave the living room. However, I stopped walking at the sound of his voice.

“What do you want me to do, Alice?! What more can I do for you to show that I am sorry for leaving you! Do you want me to crawl on my knees and beg for forgiveness?! If so, tell me now so I can get it over with and get you back! I want us to be the way we were. No secrets - just honesty and good company ... I need you back in my life, Alice. It is hollow without you...”

I didn’t even look over my shoulder at him as he spoke. I couldn’t bear gazing upon his face because I knew I would break. “You will never have me back, Colton. What you did-” I couldn’t finish because a hand clamped down on my shoulder and spun me around. Now, I was facing Colton and I could see the fire that was blazing in his eyes.

“Tell me you don’t mean it,” He pleaded. “... There has to be something I can do...”

I started to feel like this argument was dragging out. How many more times could we fight about the same subject? “Take me home ... Take me home and get the Hell out of my life. You will get over me, in time. I was just a nuisance, when you realize that, you will feel glad that you were able to get rid of me sooner.” I solemnly spoke as my eyesight was focused on the polished hardwood floor beneath my feet.

My body was suddenly pushed backwards. My back collided with a wall as two arms caged me in. Looking up, I locked eyes with a pissed off Colton. “I’m tired of fighting with you,” He gritted.

“Good. So am I,” I responded in a calm tone of voice.

Colton removed one arm from beside me, leaving me room to escape. “Go to your room,” He instructed.

I looked at him like he had grown a third head, “Stop telling me what to do."

He placed his hand back beside me on the wall. He leaned forward and narrowed his eyes at me. “I will tell you anything I want to and you will listen.”

I glared at him, “You’re not the boss of me, Colton.”

His eyes shifted into a darker color, showing the elevation of his anger. Colton was always one that wanted total power; I knew that from as far as I can remember. Yet, he just didn’t know how much I have changed, now I resisted people like him that want it their way or nothing.

“Alice,” He breathed as his hot breath fanned my face. His right hand slipped off the wall and landed on my arm. His hand traveled up my arm, over my shoulder and stopped at the nape of my neck. The places his hand had travelled left tingles - or as I call them ‘after-tickles’. The palm of his hand moved up some more and cupped my left cheek.

I turned my head, out of his hold, surprising both him and myself. My lips pressed together for I had nothing to say to him. Words had been shared; far too many times about how I feel when it comes to the position I am in with him. It is also come clear that he is not wavering in his stand on keeping me here, much to my argument.

His right hand dropped and took hold of my wrist. “You are not leaving.” Was all he said before dragging me down the hall that was to our left. His steps were long and fast.

I tried to keep up, but whereas he looked to be walking fast, I was jogging. I wondered where he was leading me but soon we came to my room and I knew what he was planning to do. “Colton you can’t-”

He let go of my hand and pushed me in my room. “You are not leaving Alice.” Was all he said before closing my door.

I heard a click from the other side of my door and I knew then that he had locked me in here.

I pressed my lips together with force as I gave a growl in anger.

How dare him!

I banged on the door with my balled up fist. “Let me out of here Colton! I am not a prisoner you - you - Bastard!” Silence lingered in the air once I stopped hitting the door. He was long gone and wasn’t planning on coming back to unlock the door.

Closing my eyes I tried to push the deja vu out of my mind because this situation felt all too familiar...

<><><><><>

A/N:

Calm down, Colton is not abusive like this chapter made him seem ... he would never hurt her, intentionally.

Anywho, don't worry the next chapter will follow up the cliffhanger. You will understand what is so familiar about the situation she is in ... but you have to wait, because I am evil like that...

Please:

SMILE!