Ch. 1: The Announcement

Chapter 1

            Alex was in shock as she just looks at Chris and at Nick.

            “Alex?” Chris asked with a worried look.

            Nick squeezed her shoulder, “You better answer him.”

            Alex looks at Nick, and then nods her head and looks at Chris, “Yes.  Yes Christopher, I will marry you.”

            Chris smiles more as Alex felt Nick’s hands on her shoulder patting them as he was smiling big while Chris took the ring out of the box, and places it on Alex’s left right finger next to her brother/sister ring that she got from her mother months ago.

            Chris helps her stand up as Nick let’s go of her shoulders and watches his oldest sister and now soon to be brother-in-law share a kiss.

            Nick stands up as they stop their kiss.

            Alex turns, “Oh Nicky,” she said and hugged him.  “Thank you so much for sharing this moment with me.”

            Nick smiles, “You’re welcome.  Thanks for including me,” he told Chris.

            “You’re welcome,” Chris told him as they shake hands and pat each other on the back.

            “Wait,” Alex said, and looked at Chris and then at Nick.  “Don’t say anything yet… please?  I want to tell everyone at dinner.”

            Nick smiled, “Of course.  I think it would be cool to announce it at dinner.”

            “Well, I’m going to go upstairs and clean up before dinner.  I’m going to put the ring in my pocket and then at dinner I’ll put it on, and then I’ll announce it.”

            “Good idea,” Chris agreed.

            Alex smiles hugging Nick and Chris again, and left the room excited.

~*~*~*~

            Nick put the movie up and turned stuff off in the theater room as Chris was cleaning up the mess that they made.

            “Hey Chris?” Nick asked.

            “Ya,” Chris said looking at him.

            “I’m sure that you asked mom and dad?” he asked.

            “Oh, Nick of course.  I asked them when I showed up last night.  Remember I asked to talk to them personally after dinner?”

            “Oh, that’s why you asked to speak with them privately?” Nick remembered seeing that they went to his dad’s office last night.

            “Alex told me that I would have to ask for your dad and mom’s blessing.”

            “Good,” Nick smiled.  “You’ll make a great brother-in-law.”

            Chris smiled, “Thanks.”

            “I know that Alex is happy when you’re around.”

            “I love your sister.  I’m glad that Danielle and your brother hooked us up.”

            Nick smiled, “Me too.”

            “Let’s go check up on your mom and visit with everyone.”

            Nick agreed as they left the room and went back to the kitchen.