Chapter 1

I was running... I thought someone was following me, so I turned and no one was there. I stopped, but before I could turn back around, I felt someone breathing down my neck. I heard a whisper... "Why are you running?" Suddenly, I was on the ground with a sharp pain in my neck and surrounded by a pool of liquid. I was unsure of what it was until the scent hit me. It was thick, warm blood recently spilled, and judging by the feeling on my neck, it was mine.

I struggled to get up but I couldn't.  Something or someone was on top of me. I continued to struggle... Nothing I did worked. "Stop struggling, love" they whispered so softly, I almost missed it. "I'll make it go away" Then the pain in my neck began to worsen slowly to the point it was unbearable. I started to scream but then i woke up.

The next thing I know I'm sitting up in my bed with Lindsey and Andrea running into my room, towards me. "Are you ok?" they shouted with worry in their eyes. "I'm fine" I replied pausing long enough to look at both of them "but what are you doing here?"

Andrea looked into my eyes obviously not satisfied with my answer but Lindsey spoke up. "We both just got here when we hear you screaming and dude what kinda best friends would we be if we didn't come to your rescue?!" we laughed for a minute before she stood up and headed for the door. "Now come on, its time for breakfast." Of course Lindsey would be the first to get downstairs because she had a huge crush on Josh. Usually she just randomly shows up for breakfast... and lunch... and dinner! She even has her own spot at the table!

I slowly got out of bed and followed Lindsey but Andrea had to help me walk. I was still shaken up about the nightmare I just experienced.

I had just set my foot down on the last step when I heard Josh's voice from the kitchen. "Good morning, gorgeous! What made you scream?" I turned the corner and see him cooking. He was dress in slacks and a crisp, clean white shirt covered by his 'best big bro' apron. I really hated that apron. It was pretty annoying to look at but Josh liked it.

"A nightmare" I finally replied "and this one was was worse than usual! It felt so real!" in the dream, I could feel the weight of the man on top of me... His breath on my cheek and neck... The blood...

"Another nightmare?! That's not good Zo!" Zo was what Josh called me. He was the only person I let call me anything but Zoey Lenn.

"I know I know. I can't help it! Please could we talk about something else?" Josh did as I ask and started talking about this party his friend was having and asked if we would like to go with him. (Even though Josh is 21, he still loves to take me to parties and things like that no matter how old I am. He says I can handle anything.)

I started thinking about the last party I went to and how much fun I had. "Josh, when's the party?"

"Tonight at 7 'til whenever you decide to leave, so are you coming with me or not?"

"I'm totally coming but can Andrea come too?"

"Hey! What about me!?" I turned to see red faced Lindsey staring at me with a hateful look.

"Lindsey you know your parents won't let you go. Tomorrow's Monday... We have school and all of us know you won't sneak out just like every other weekend." Andrea said grabbing Lindsey's shoulder and turning her to face each other. "But if you'd like, I'll stay at your place tonight so you're not the only one missing the party, ok?"

"Ok... Thanks Andrea."

"Never mind, I guess it's just you and me tonight." I looked at Josh before sitting down at the table and eating the omelet that he just prepared for me..