14

Sophia was outraged that her father had kept such a big secret from her

Sophia was outraged that her father had kept such a big secret from her. There's no way Elena could have known, she's seen Veronica and Hermione too many times. Her mother knew about Hiram, but she didn't know that Sophia knew Veronica or the the Lodges were even in Riverdale.

The young Latina girl didn't want to be in the same house as her father anymore. Ironically, everything she was feeling towards her mother was reciprocated towards her father. She couldn't believe this whole time she and Veronica were cousins. So of course the first person she called was Veronica. No answer. Then she called Archie. No answer. She figured they were together. So she called Reggie, and he answered right away.

"Hey hotness, I'm taking you out tonight" Reggie says.

"Good, any where but here sounds good about now" Sophia says as she walks outside and sits on the stoop in front of her house.

"What's wrong?" Reggie asks.

"I'll tell you when you get here" Sophia says.

"I'm on my way" Reggie says.

With that, the two hang up. Within minutes, Reggie picks Sophia up and there on their way to Pop's. This is one of the places they felt the safest. As they sit, one of the waitresses takes their order.

"So are you gonna tell me what happened now?" Reggie asks.

"Hiram Lodge is my uncle" Sophia says, still not believing the words as she says them.

"Hiram Lodge as in jail Hiram Lodge, Veronica's Dad?" He asks.

"Reg, how many Hiram Lodges do you know?" She cracks a smile.

He always brings out the best in her.

"Wow, So this whole time you had no idea?" Reggie asks.

"No, my dad literally just told me about this an hour ago" Sophia says.

"Well did your mom know?" He asks.

"Yeah, but she didn't know they were in Riverdale. Apparently when I was 9, my dad and Hiram had some falling out and they both went there separate ways. I've been calling Veronica so I could tell her but she's not answering the phone so I assume she's with Archie doing who knows what" She says.

"We could do who knows what" Reggie smirks, whispering into her ears as the waitress puts their food in front of them.

"Oh yeah?" Sophia laughs, "Yeah".

"Well we'll just have to see about that" Reggie smiles at the girls remark and picks up a fry.

"So do you wanna stay at mine's tonight?" He puts an arm around Sophia.

"I don't think your mother likes me very much. I'm the Southside Girl who's a bad influence on her posh son" She grabs his chin playfully.

"Well she doesn't have to know about it" He suggests.

"Are you trying to sleep with me, Mr. Mantle?"
Sophia asks.

"Of course not" He says, "Especially not while my mom is home."

Sophia nudges him in the side and the two begin to eat. When they finish, Reggie picks up the check and the two leave. They arrive at the Mantle household. Reggie goes in first to make sure his parents are sleeping. Then, he sneaks Sophia upstairs and into his room where he then locks the door.

Reggie gives her one of his T-shirt's to sleep in. As her turns around, Sophia begins to change, starting with her top and jacket. She then steps out of her jeans. The young boy turns to look at her as she slides his shirt onto her body. Sophia slides into his bed and watches as Reggie takes off his pants and shirt. She takes her hair out her ponytail and hands her hands through it a few times before laying down.

"Goodnight" Reggie says.

"Goodnight? No make out session?" Sophia asks sarcastically.

"I was just waiting for the go ahead" He says, practically jumping on the Latina.

*The Next Day*

Archie had finally returned Sophia's calls. He told her to meet him at Pop's. He would be there anyway to speak to his dad so they could speak right after. It was about 7 am when Reggie snuck Sophia out of the house. She left with wild hair and a smile.

She smoothed her hair down on her walk to Pop's. Her hair was parted on the side and has flowing past her shoulders. It seemed as if she had an adrenaline rush by how fast she had arrived at the restaurant. When she walks in, Pop is behind the counter while Archie and Mr. Andrews stand by a table. They turn to look at her.

"Hey Mr. Andrews, Hey Arch" Sophia say.

"Morning" Mr. Andrews replies.

"I'll be right back, I need to wash my hands" Archie says.

With that Archie walks to the back and Mr. Andrews takes a seat.

"I heard your mother is back in town" He says.

"Yes, sir" Sophia says.

"Well tell her I said hello" He says.

"Will do" She smiles and goes to sit at the counter.

Sophia picks up a menu and begins to look at it. She's never actually been here this early so she had no idea what the breakfast menu even had. As she looks, someone comes in behind her. Sophia doesn't look up or turn around. But when she hears the phrase, "give me the money", it catches her attention.

She looks to her right to see a man standing on the counter with a gun to Pop's head. She doesn't know what to do. It's like her brain is not working, the words aren't forming. She stands and begins to back up carefully. Her phone is out within seconds and is beginning to dial. But the man in the hood catches her. And the gun is then pointed at her. Sophia puts her phone away and raises her hands.

"Give me your wallet!" The hooded man aims his gun at Fred Andrews who stands.

Sophia's life flashes before her eyes as Archie Andrews slides in front of her with his hands up. Despite, the gunman shoots. And for a second, Sophia didn't know who was shot. But when she hears the person behind her drop to the floor, she knows. The gunman runs out as the two turn around. Archie grabs his father's hand as Sophia tries to stop the bleeding. Pop's calls 911 but it would be too late by the time they got here.

"We gotta take him" Sophia says.