Culinaria L'amore Chapter Thirty-Two

Start from the beginning

Angela groaned, burying her head into her hands. "Alonzo's getting tipsy already. He's nervous because they'll be announcing the whole ICAF competition to the guests and he hates, absolutely despises, talking in front of crowds."

"Wait, what ICAF announcement?" I asked curiously.

"You didn't know? Garrett didn't tell- of course he didn't. Well, even though it's supposed to be a Thanksgiving dinner, Garrett and Alonzo will be announcing to the crowd that we will be competing in the International Culinary Arts Festival so they can get some quick donations for our uniforms and such."

I raised an eyebrow at this news, the thought that Garrett didn't tell me the information because he didn't like me any more hitting a little closer to home than I would of liked it to.

"We don't need to do anything, do we?" I asked in a hushed tone as the last few people began filing in.

Shrugging, Angela muttered, "I don't think so. We just have to stand when they say our names."

The crowd grew hushed as everyone finally sat down, every seat taken except for the one right of Garrett. Suddenly, the big dining room door opened, revealing the ginger I had seen Garrett talking to earlier. Dressed in a white dress that ended right above her knees, the stranger was stunning with green eyes and curly red hair that fell to her shoulder blades in waves.

I held my breath for some reason, nervously looking as she approached the general area where I was before grabbing Garrett's arm.

Hearing her giggle girlishly and Garrett laughing, I turned away and closed my eyes, my hand clenched in a fist and my stomach feeling leaden.

"That bitch." Angela cursed, none too softly, causing several people to look over in her direction with a scowl on their faces. The brunette ignored them as she took my hand, gently squeezing it in a comforting manner. "What a whore."

"Whore, he's single." I scoffed lightly, trying not to let the hurt and betrayal into my voice. "Do you know her?"

Angela nodded, a scowl twisting her beautiful features. "Mira Winters. Queen bitch."

If I had thought I was going to faint earlier, that was nothing compared to right now. I gripped my armrest, suddenly woozy.

"Whoa there cowboy, are you okay?"

"Mira Winters, as in the model?"

Angela frowned at me, half in confusion and half in worriment. "What other Mira is there?"

"What, what is she doing here?" I asked, pain tearing at my heart as Garrett smiled down at Mira, obviously liking whatever she was doing.

"She used to be Garrett's girlfriend. Heard that she's taking a break from modeling to work on her fashion line. Maybe, um, they decided to reconcile." Angela winced as she said those words, looking at me with pity and compassion.

"Do you want me to go and force them apart?"

"They're sitting next to each other anyways." I mumbled as they slowly approached us, so close that I swear they were holding hands.

Hearing Angela curse under her breath, I started to feel number and number. What kind of dumbass was I? All this time, when I kept on turning down Harrison because I felt guilt about moving on too quickly, Garrett and Mira were probably most likely getting it on in his bedroom. Feeling suddenly sick, I pushed my seat back,, hurrying to the door, not wanting to barf all over Garrett's suit as much as I despised him now.

After getting a breather in the hallway, my breath coming out in pants thanks to the tightness of the corset, I rearranged my hair and tried to calm down my nerves. My anger was more at myself for being so dumb as to assume that Garrett would be sensitive and not move on right away. What if Mira wanted him back and that was why he broke it off with me in the first place?