Chapter I - Revelation

"Prepare for landing," Captain Phasma's eerily tense voice filled the command shuttle's hangar through the hologram,"Now listen up, Red team will disperse to the left, white team to the right. I will charge through middle towards the main building with four sharpshooters and Lieutenant Dahyk's squadron will create a defensive perimeter to make sure no one gets in or out. Am I clear?"

"Yes Captain," Resounded in the air as they all felt the drop in their stomachs as the spacecrafts began their descent.

"Ma'am are you ready? We have began the approach to the village on Jakku." Ashmai's officer asked as she sat languidly in her leather bound dias. She had her eyes closed for the entirety of the journey, worrying most of her newer recruits.

But suddenly, her eyes violently flickered open, revealing smouldering hazel orbs that made the officer uncomfortable and somewhat enamoured to say the least.

"No need to worry about me, Officer Hage." She smirked, securing her half mask against her tingling lips, revelling in the soothing hiss it exuded as it locked around the base of her head.

"Squadron, assemble in the hangar. LN - 2387 take the lead, do not make me regret my decision." Ashmai commanded and they immediately obeyed, leaving her alone in the waiting area with a shadow that loomed almost undetected in the corner.

"You've come to enjoy this," A low voice synthesized from the black mask.

"I have," She agreed, her own hazy voice eminating from her vocoder.

She brought foward her black hood and adjusted her utility belt so that her precious weapons hung from her hips, "But, no form of command they issue to me could ever distract me from fulfilling my duty as your personal guard."

"I am glad to hear that," He stepped into the light, face completely hidden by that combat weathered mask,"And might I say you've been doing an excellent job."

"I know," she smirked beneath the mask,"You're still alive."

"Do not get emboldened now Lieutenant," Kylo breathed heavily, "Just because you excel at combat does not mean you have checked all of your boxes. You still have much to learn about the Force."

"And you have cancelled the last three sessions that we were supposed to have," Ashmai shot back, slightly irritated now,"Something is troubling your conscience Master Ren, I can feel it radiating from your aura."

He almost snapped his neck to look at her when he heard that.

"The Map," he said curtly, knowing that it was not wise to withold this from her.

"Skywalker," she murmured, even though she knew, deep down, that that was only the tip of the iceberg.

The command shuttle lurched foward, throwing its occupants off balance for a few moments before landing perfectly, spraying sand and debris everywhere.

The hatch opened slowly, revealing a vast expanse of sand and the miserable excuse of a village before them.

"Come," Ashmai gestured for him to walk before her,"Maybe this can at least put that part of your conscience at ease."

....................................

It was their signature by now.

Ashmai thought this as Kylo used his Force power to stop the fire from the blaster. The culprit looked absolutely terrified and amazed as the troopers dragged him towards Commander Ren, passing the halted blue flame with wide brown eyes.

They forced him to his knees before Commander Ren, who stared at the young rebel with a hint of disdain but no one could know this because of the mask.

The rebel tried to make light of his situation but all he managed to do was further irritate Kylo. His pathetic attempts were eventually snuffed out by cold, snide reprimands from Kylo.

"Where is the map?" Kylo drew himself level to the captive's eyes, who could only stare at the steel grating of the monstrous mask where the eyes where supposed to be.

"You have got to be delusional to think I would give that up to you," The rebel spat.

He is kind of attractive, Ashmai thought to herself, which made Kylo's back straighten like a board.

You have got to be kidding me, Kylo scoffed back.

Stop listening to my thoughts Master Ren you might come across something you might not like, Ashmai laughed.

"Very well," Kylo turned his attention back to the rebel,"Lieutenant Dahyk,"

Ashmai stepped foward as Kylo stepped back, giving the rebel a full view of her. He was taken aback by her beauty as the dancing light from the burning village shone on her face even though it was half hidden by the satin hood and steel mask.

"Yes, Sir?" she called to him.

"Take the scum back to the shuttle, we shall deal with him further on the Finalizer."

"Of course, Sir," she responded. Ashmai motioned for her own officers to pull the captive to his feet and drag him in her wake to the command shuttle.

Kylo turned to follow the retreating party but found himself stopped by the cry of one of the villagers.

"Sir? The villagers?" Captain Phasma asked.

"Kill them all," Kylo said with no emotion as he made on his way to his shuttle.

Leaving the sound of blaster fire and ear shattering screams behind, he boarded the aircraft, letting the hatch close in his wake with a metallic groan.

The prisoner sat shackled to a chair, knocked out cold by a blow to the head that left a angry purple welt just below his hair line.

"He thinks you are beautiful," Kylo held his index and middle fingers to the rebel's temple.

"Do you not have something better to search for in that massive head of his?" Ashmai looked amused.

"Yes, but your beauty is the only thing that resonnated with him." Kylo simpered,"Your face clouds his mind."

Kylo could see why.

She was truly beautiful. Ashmai had such features that made one believe she was ethereal. Smooth, tantalizing brown skin, almond shaped hazel eyes, defined cheekbones and dark curly hair that she kept in two tight braids at all times.

Only Kylo had the privilege of ever seeing her with her hair loose and flowing around her shoulders while they practiced their intense combat drills and endurance tests.

"Maybe we can use this to our advantage," Ashmai unhooked her mask.

"What do you propose?" Kylo turned his back on her to look out of the cockpit at the night sky.

"I can distract him, lower his mental defences then you can easily extract the vital information." She closed her eyes again as she sat in her seat.

"Seduction?" The word rolled off of Kylo's tongue with a hint of surprise,"That is ingenious, young one."

"To succeed we must explore all possibilities," She iterated," I learnt from the best,"

"I see you have been listening to what I have been teaching you," Kylo was pleased.

"From time to time," Ashmai smirked as the shuttle hummed as it cut through the planet's atmosphere towards the waiting spaceship.