Chapter 23- The Truth About Hayden

Comenzar desde el principio

Hayden's eyes grew when he saw us.

"Hey Oliver," Toby smiled at him. "See you've brought...you're little buddy along with you-"

"Shut up, Toby!" Oliver shouted.

They all raised their brows.

"I'm not here for your homophobic shit. I'm here for you," he pointed the bat at Hayden.

Hayden put his hand on his chest. "Me?"

The guys chuckled.

"Yes-," Oliver walked over to him and grabbed him by shirt lifting him to his feet," you. But you were expecting us to come looking for you, right? That's why you came over here. Because you think these empty barrels would protect you."

"What's that supposed to mean, faggot?"

Everyone began to "oooh".

Oliver chuckled. "Are you sure you wanna say that? It doesn't offend you a tiny bit?"

"What...What are you talking about?" Hayden squinted at him.

Oliver dropped him back on his chair, putting his hand on his shoulder. "Funny you should ask."

I tried moving my wrist but it was too stiff and painful. "Uh-Oliver-"

"BBC decided to follow me and Flynn on our little date today so he could add some photos to his little gay porn collection."

I froze along with everyone else in the kitchen.

Hayden looked up at him. "What the f-"

"I was wondering why you got so mad when Toby called Flynn gay. I thought you were upset because he was your friend and you thought you knew him. Then, you decided to follow me and Flynn today and send the pictures to his ex. I'm sure you guys have seen them, right Toby?"

"Maybe," Toby shrugged. "Man, what is this about?"

"I'm getting there."

I looked at my wrist. It was blue and swelling up. "Oliver-"

"Hold on, Flynn." He looked at Hayden again. "I sat for a while, confused. I'm Flynn's best friend but come...on. I wouldn't follow him around in my car after finding out he was gay. That would be weird-"

"Harley asked him to," I shook my head.

"Did she really?"

I looked at Hayden.

Hayden shook his head. "She didn't-"

"Because Harley knows she has to get over Flynn," Oliver pat Hayden's shoulder. "But you my friend. You haven't eve tried."

I squinted at them then I chuckled. "Oliver, what are you saying-"

"He's jealous of me, Flynn. He thinks we're dating and he's jealous. Because this little blonde brit is a bisexual man."

Everyone looked at Hayden.

"I'm not," Hayden shook his head and chuckled. "Why would I be a queer like them? They're...disgusting-"

"After you broke up with May you lost it," I furrowed my brows. "You kept tagging along with me and Oliver trying to get Oliver off my tail. That's why you almost got him drug raped by that girl. You hated him."

Hayden's face turned red.

"And then I showed up at your door crying to Riley because I was confused about my sexuality and thought that I was in love with Oliver. And it pissed you off...because it wasn't you. That's why you stayed here. Because May and Harley were gone. I was all you had."

Hayden looked at Toby.

Toby was glaring at him.

Oliver leaned closer to him. "You think joining in with the guys on a bunch of homophobic slurs would cover it up? Well, guess what? It didn't-"

Hayden quickly punched him in his nose.

Oliver threw the bat on the floor, then he lifted Hayden out of his chair and threw him on the floor.

"Stop!" Toby shouted before anything could start.

Everyone looked at him.

He stood up and walked over to them. He helped Hayden stand up. "All of this is just straight up ridiculous. If we were women, I'm sure we would have excepted Hayden for whoever he is. You shouldn't have to pretend to be someone else to gain respect from others and I personally am sorry. To all off you," he looked at me.

I nodded at him. "Thanks."

"Now, Oliver, I think you need to go to the hospital."

"My nose is fine," Oliver shook his head.

"Not for you." Toby pointed at me. "I think you hurt your guy friend's hand."

"What?" Oliver walked over to me. He held my arm.

I looked at Toby. "I'm not his...guy friend?" I raised my brows.

"When did this happen?"

"When you yanked the bat out of my hand, you moron. I think it's just sprained."

"It's definitely broken," Courntey walked into the kitchen with folded arms.

Oliver froze.

"Courtney would know," Toby walked over to her and kissed her forehead. "Maybe you should let her rap it up for you-"

"We should go," Oliver put his hand on my back and started pushing me.

I looked back at Hayden.

He sat staring at me with guilt all over his face.

I didn't know that that would be the last time I'd see him for years.

*  *  *

Hey guys. So, I'm just letting you know. There will be a time jump from May to September starting from the next few chapters. You haven't yet met the "Good Boy" who may get a book of his own. He will be introduced pretty soon and he will be the reason that Harley and Flynn get back together as the title of the book says. Hope you've enjoyed the book so far.