Chapter Eleven: Bobs, Boobs, and Burgers

Start from the beginning

"You bet." I roll my eyes and try not to notice the eyes, but when they all openly glare, it only makes other want to see at who.

"What's their problem?" Bob asks, his shoulders slumping forward as if he felt like he was the one being scrutinized. Probably just from being too close to me.

"Newboo has haters." Maxum slams his tray down beside me, making even more people look our way, to which he gives them all a gesture with his hand that has everyone looking away just as quickly. I'll have to remember that one. "Don't worry," He tells me as he shoves a handful of candies into his mouth. "I won't let anyone mess with someone from my group."

"I am pretty sure I can handle myself." I smile coyly, but he just shrugs.

"I don't know..." He taps his chin with his fork, eyes cast up at the ceiling. "Seems the last time I saw you you were thinking of entering into a committed relationship with a drool covered mat."

Yael gasps on the other side of me. "Matt? Who the heck is Matt and why haven't you told me about him."

Maxum laughs and explains what he meant, making Yael and Bob both chuckle.

I let out an exasperated sigh as Maxum then decides to go into great detail of the ass kicking I received at the hands of Reda last night.

I need less guy friends around.

"I was thinking the same thing." A girl's perky voice comes from behind me.

I jerk around in my seat to find Brynlynn, one of the other girls in my group standing behind me. "How did you..? I mean...."

She giggles a little, sweeping her bright blonde hair over one shoulder and looking more beautiful than any person had the business doing. "Oh please, it wasn't that hard to tell what you were thinking." She explains, shooing Maxum down a seat. "Anyway, I wanted to give you some time to get settled before I properly introduced myself. Some people," She sent a pointed look over her shoulder at Maxum who was hiding a smile. "Say I can be too much all at once."

She held out her slender hand, her nails a sparkling pink and I took it in my comparably boring hand.

"People say the same thing about me." Yael interjects. "So weird, I don't get why at all."

I hold my laugh in, never really sure if Yael is aware of his enormously warm and hyper presence or if he is truly oblivious to it.

I vaguely remembered Tonyedda telling me that Brynlynn was a Caster before she came here, but we hadn't really seen much of each other since I'd been here.

"It's so good to see you're settling in so well." She beams, her smile seeming to have super human powers because all the boys are suddenly silent. "Although, your clique seems to be a little heavy on the testosterone." She jokes, looking down the table at them, but still no one speaks. Not even Yael. Which was weird on all seven realms. "Anyway, do you want to hang out later? I'm sure you're pretty busy but I was thinking maybe after your training tonight I could come by and we could talk or whatever. I'm sure you have lots of questions still."

"I don't think I will ever run out of questions to ask." I admit and she grins, her red eyes were a little weird at first, but the more I look at her the more they seem to be alive with light, only making her even more pretty. "If I survive another training session you are welcome to come." I tell her, but then I sigh. "I probably should ask Noah if she minds."

"Is that your roommate?" Brynlynn asks, head tilted in interest. "What did you get?"

I furrow my brows, but Maxum chimes in. "A demon."