Prologue

Tales of Creation: The Realms  

In the beginning, the universe was bare.
Six great Gods lived in harmony for many light years, creating milky ways, spiral galaxies, supernovas, stars, and galactic cores.
But eternal existence grew taxing, and The Six grew ever more restless.
One by one, the Gods created Demi Gods.
Subjects to be used and ruled by The Six.
The Demi served as entertainment, companions, and in some cases, slaves.
The Six were all equal in power but they greatly differed in terms of personality and ability.
The Six were ever thirsting for more power, and soon, even the Demi weren't enough to ease the Gods of their apathy for their existence.
Altos, was the first of The Six to create his own realm.
One after another the Gods each created their own realms.
The worlds were filled with creatures for them to govern and lands to protect.
The realms gave The Six a new purpose and peace was had for millions of years.
The peace could not last however, because the Demi grew tired of their roles as the Gods had before them.
They were larger in number than The Six, but slightly weaker than their creators.
The Demi sought to be seen as equals to The Six, no longer as a lesser Demi Gods, but as Gods in their own right.
For many hundred years they battled on. The Demi always pushing and The Six never giving in.
The realms fell into dark days and The Six tried to rid themselves of their failed creation in the Demi, but they had made them too strong to destroy and so a deal had to be struck.
The Six couldn't overpower the Demi, but they felt they could still outsmart them.
The Six created a new seventh realm.
The Trial Realm.
The Six gifted this new realm to the Demi, with the condition that if they could keep their realm from destruction for five billion years, they would be recognized as real and equal Gods.
The Demi looked at the realm, seeing that The Six had rigged the realm against them.
The trial realm was filled with the vastly different inhabitants of all of the other realms, as well as with a large race of bland beings with immense weakness and of no ability.
The Six ruled that no changes be made to modify the realm or any of its inhabitants.
The Demi knew this was nearly an impossible task, but they were ravenous for power.
They agreed to the terms with one condition of their own:
They would not change what was already there, but the Demi would add an elite creation of their own to the realm that would act as an in-world neutral governing system and help the Demi to keep the peace between the vastly different inhabitants of their realm.
The Six were reluctant to comply, but ultimately came to the decision that even with this one concession, the realm was doomed to fail no matter what intervention the Demi tried.
In the end, the deal was made.