Anxiety

Humanities was one of the classes that Lucy considered extremely boring. Not only did she find the subject unappealing, her professor was monotonous. She was glad that she sat kind of out of his view so she can just mess around on her phone all period. Scrolling through tumblr, she saw some fan art that one of her fans had made of her and Stacy. She thought it was pretty adorable so she posted it on her twitter.

"Props to the artist that made this on tumblr, me and my online bestie @stacysays are really adorable if I say so myself."

After posting it, her phone began lighting up with Twitter notifications of people retweeting or favoring it. Scrolling through her twitter feed, she saw that H had posted something about his class ending early and going to Chipotle. "That lucky bastard." she muttered under her breath, wishing that she was anywhere but her current class. 

"@Hbomb94 Take me with you please!! Save me from class!"

Within a few moments, she saw that H replied with "@LucindaPlays I wish I could! I would love to hang out with you!" Lucy smiled at at the reply. They really have said multiple times that they were going to hang out all the time, but they never really had the time to do it. Something always came up or the timing just wasn't right. Lucy looked at the clock and saw that it was almost time for her to leave. 

Pressing her lips together in thought, she typed out a reply. "My class ends in about 20 minutes if you want to wait." she suggested. As she waited for a reply, she saw the fans messages, they were going crazy with the whole shipping thing. One girl tweeted, "Oh my gosh, H and Lucy meeting each other? They should just get married already."

Lucy merely rolled her eyes, crazy fans. She saw that she had a notification. Seeing that it was from H, she read it right away. "That sounds good actually. Text me were your campus is and i'll pick you up :)" Lucy put down for a moment, actually shocked that this was happening. She was actually going to meet one of her online friends in real life. Something that was majorly nerve wreaking for her. Her internet self and her real life self were very different. Lucy felt she can open up and be her weird self without being judged when she was online. But real life was different in so many ways. Everyone's so judgmental, and she's honestly just afraid of disappointing people by being the person they didn't expect her to be. 

"Okay, sounds good :)" she quickly treated back, her hands shaking slightly. Taking a deep breath, she sent him her address and she put her phone face down on the table. Trying in vain, she tried to take notes the rest of class but she just couldn't focus on it. Her nerves were getting the best of her and when her professor released them from class, she almost ran out of the room. 

Heading towards the bathroom, she almost walked right into a few people. Muttering "sorry" under her breath, she opened the bathroom door and made her way to the handicapped stall, locking it behind her. She looked at herself in the mirror, fixing herself and trying to make herself look presentable for H. She knew, deep down, that she was probably freaking out over nothing but she couldn't help how anxious she felt. 

Over the last couple of months, her and H were getting to be good friends. Talking everyday, recording The Cube or an SG together. She didn't want them meeting in real life ruin the friendship they  had online. It may sound stupid to some, but it made perfect sense to her. 

Leaving, she texted H telling him to meet him by the admissions office. He said he would be there in 5 minutes. Sitting on a nearby bench, Lucy was playing with the hem of her tshirt, waiting for his arrival. Until she heard his voice from behind her. 

"Lucy?" He asked tentatively.